1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

I did not meet my goal

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by _Christopher_, Jan 3, 2005.

1. _Christopher_

_Christopher_ Well-Known Member

I was attempting to lose 50 pounds from August to December, but I did not make it. I did however, lose 39 pounds. When I saw I wouldn't make 50, I tried to make it to 40, but fell slightly short.

Even though I didn't make the number I was attempting, I did succeed. The reason I succeeded is because I kept to my program for 5 months. I have failed so many times trying to be consistent with diet/exercise over the past 8 years, but I have broken the curse.

I am continuing my program with a new phase and a new target. I want to lose 30 more pounds by my 31st birthday on May 9th, 2005.

That will put me at 200 pounds at the end of the second phase of my transformation.

I am changing up my workout routine a bit, since my knees have been blasted into agony by the continual use of the cardio machines. I am now going to take a Boxercise class two nights a week, and use the machines two days a week. I am thinking about how or if to incorporate weight lifting for two days as well. Saturdays are also being added to the workout schedule and I will most likely do aerobics with my wife.

30 more pounds - I'm coming to get you.

2. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

Great loss so far bud. Stick with it. I would say that a 40ish pound loss is damn impressive, and i'm sure you've learned a ton about you're body. Good luck on the last 30!! You can do it! :nod:

3. Naytch

Naytch Well-Known Member

Great job! You have overcome what I feel is the most difficult obstacle, sticking with the gameplan. You WILL hit your goal if you stick to it!

4. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

You've made a great achievement at 39-lbs. so far. Keep focused and you'll meet your ultimate goal of 50-lbs. soon! Great job.

-R

5. williamso

williamso Well-Known Member

Good work so far, keep going, we're all behind you. You can do it.

6. Tanis6909

Tanis6909 Well-Known Member

indeed...much congrats my friend! I think you'll be quite suprised with the results you will see by adding weightlifting to your routine. not only will adding muscle tissue help you lose fat faster, but weightlifting in general is one of the best ways to lose fat IMO. keep at it and :gl:

7. slush_puppy

slush_puppy Well-Known Member

Alright, this really made me smile. Great job on recognizing your success, even if it's not the goal you were shooting for. You're so right, losing 39 pounds in 5 months, and sticking with it, is a HUGE success. Not only that, but you recognized what is realistic and adjusted your next goal to be 30 pounds in 4 1/2 months. Good luck and congratulations on your 39 pounds lost!

8. daDUDE

daDUDE Well-Known Member

Exactly what i was thinking...
    GREAT JOB!!!

do u have any :spaz: before and after pics?

9. NEdge

NEdge Well-Known Member

A great example of why process oriented goals are often more appropriate than outcome-oriented goals. Glad to see that you realized the process is what you can really control and that's the success.

You should definitely lift. It will help retain muscle and help your metabolism and fitness.

10. HeartAndSoul

HeartAndSoul Well-Known Member

Congrats. Be persistent and consistent and you'll reach your goal.

11. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

39 lbs. from August to December is nothing to sneeze at my friend. A "congratulations" is in order moreso than a "sorry about your not reaching your goal."

So good job! :)

Be sure to track more than weight loss though. Weight loss can be a number of things including water and muscle. So track bodyfat, clothing size, tape measurements, and most important (IMO) the mirror. Pictures do wonders as well. If possible have someone take your picture once a week or at least once a month. Tape the pictures side by side on your bathroom mirror -- great motivator.

I like your attitude btw. I'm sure you'll reach your goal by your birthday. I hope you're still around here then to give us the good news!

12. tankhead

tankhead Well-Known Member

Hey Christopher

Hey man, what a strange conincidence: My name is Christopher and my birhtday is also May 9th :eek: Keep up the great work bro!

13. Human Clay

Human Clay Well-Known Member

I've lost the exact same amount in pretty much the same amount of time, and no, it's nothing to sneeze at, because I certainly didn't do it by sitting on my ass and eating cheetos :lol:

Remember, if you've been weight training, you've probably gained a bit of weight just in muscle... meaning that you can add that number to your total pounds lost of fat and water.

14. _Christopher_

_Christopher_ Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone... :D

15. ucbgsr

ucbgsr Well-Known Member

Great Job man....i wish you the best in your second transformation

16. Chadster

Chadster Well-Known Member

Good job bro - I have the same knee aches, I lost 75lbs and now trying to strengthen my leg muscles to help the knees. Keep us posted.