1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Huge difference abs flexed/relaxed

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by Ark, Sep 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

Hi guys.

Have a look at these 2 pics of me. In the first one, I am flexing only my abs, in the second one, they are totally relaxed. You can tell there is pretty much a difference, and one question pops out: is this the way many people with breathtaking abs pose in the pics ? There is 1 month between the two.

Anyway, by the way I look in the 2nd, I maybe I have high % bodyfat around my stomach, or am I incorrect? I do workout every week, and do cardio 2 o 3 times a week.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

#1 Ark, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. modmaven

modmaven Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

In general you seem to be a little leaner in the first picture than in the second, but I would guess that people pose for those fabulous ab photos -- just as you did in your fabulous ab photo. Is there a difference in weight or fat% between these two photos? Could you have managed to get that definition in month 2?

3. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

I dont think there is any difference bf% between the two pics, difference only deals with the pose in the first one, almost sure.

4. ethan

ethan Well-Known Member

Making a short video of you flexing the abs and going back would be helpful.

5. Big_D

Big_D Active Member

My abs do the same thing, but I'm not quite as lean as you. You do look more tan less hairy and leaner in the second one though.

6. CuTe PoIsOn

CuTe PoIsOn Active Member

Hi ark great abs man, In exception to general lifting, which exercises do you do for your abs. Also I would put you at +/- 0.5% of 7%

7. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Are you actually asking if models and bodybuilders - or even regular folks - flex their abs when someone takes their pictures? I kind of figured this was an obvious "yes!" :)

Regardless, your abs look great! :tucool:

8. Roibus

Roibus Active Member

Not so obvious I think. Many people go for having the "flexed" look completely relaxed, which is quite difficult to achieve :)

9. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

Thanks, I did this routine, which is meant to be done in a 16 weeks period time or less. You don´t want to do it more than that, because is a killer one. Lately, I´ve been doing this one, (search for parts 2 and 3) combining it with other abs excersises. I usually do abs super-series, but I dont know wheter they are more effective than regular series or not.

I appreciate it. Yes, I was asking that because I dont know how models take their pics, since I´ve never been in a photoshoot or something.

10. CuTe PoIsOn

CuTe PoIsOn Active Member

Thanks man I like your second link with that natural bodybuilder guy, Ive seen his videos before theyre good. I like the knees up's on a beach but my lower back/butt always seems to ache after doing 5-10 reps.

11. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

I actually came across a photo shoot one day and there was a make up artist putting make up on the model's abs to give it a shadow or something. In any event, it made the abs look more pronounced than they were.

12. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

That's just the beginning... You probably didn't stick around long enough to see the ridiculous amount of photoshopping that occurs after the picture is taken.

13. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

Interesting that you mentioned photoshop, since I´ve been "accused" of photoshopping the pic, which of course Í didn´t.

14. M@

M@ Senior Member
    Platinum Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I can see why: your head looks incredibly small in the left picture. How tall are you and what size hat do you wear? Any idea? :confused:

I don't think it'd matter if they were digitally retouched, anyway. You're fit and looking great in both shots. :tu:

15. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

Yes i´ve been told that. I´m 1,70 metres tall, no idea about the hat, I usually don´t wear it.

16. Sent

Sent Well-Known Member

I watched Bigger Stronger Faster and the part where he goes to a photoshoot to talk to one model and how they retouched his own photos in like 15 minutes made me laugh :lol:

Oh and during the shoot itself camera guy was like "flex your abs!"