1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How we spend our days...

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by firebert, Jul 20, 2010.

1. firebert

firebert Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

A lot can happen in six years. :eek:

• I got married!*
    • I moved from New Hampshire to Maui, Hawaii.
    • I was out of the gym and in intense pain for almost two years after a mis-diagnosis of degenerative disk disease/thoracic outlet syndrome. I thought I'd never lift again. Pain is weird, and doctors and MRIs don't know everything. I'm getting better now.
    • I learned how to make beer, and bread, and lot of other delicious things. To my physical detriment but social gain.
    • I've been in and out of various dietary woods and weeds: low-carb high-fat, paleo, potato-hacking, mostly-plants, yada. I've gained, and lost, a lot of weight. Re-reading my old journals, I forgot the two fundamental things: tracking portions/macros, and consistency. Let's get back to basics, eh?
    • I have lost a lot of hair. Cue George Costanza: "That's what they tell me!"

*And I still am married, and happily!

--

Each one of these is a post, and more than a post. I have been writing, here and there, but the time has gotten away from me. So I'm resurrecting this epic zombie thread because the title still holds true, and I want to make sure I remember how I spent my days.

Hi again, JSF. :wave:

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Welcome back.