1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How to Lose That Hip and Thigh

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Haze1113, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Haze1113

Haze1113 Well-Known Member

I'm 5'5" and weigh 115 lbs. I jog regularly, but the fat on my waist, hip and thigh just won't go away. I know that a sufficient amount of cardio is needed to burn fat. Is there any thing I can do on top of cardio to get rid of that fat? Thanks.

#1 Haze1113, Mar 3, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2004
  2. zamboni

zamboni Well-Known Member

Start lifting

Start lifting. It might sound weird, but bench pressing and bicep curls are just as effective as lunges and calf raises when it comes to losing body fat on your hips and waist etc etc, since there's no such thing as spot reducing unless you go under the knife. That's not to say you shouldn't do those lunges and what not, since they'll help build muscle, and more muscle = better definition.

3. Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

I'd say to really take stock of what you are eating too. It's amazing how much calories can creep up on you. :p I believe that 80% of your results are dependent upon nutrition too. You can exercise till the cows come home but if you are still consuming too many calories/not enough protein etc. you will not get the results you are looking for.

Good luck.
    Danielle
    :tucool:

4. Paul J

Paul J Well-Known Member

there is no such thing as spot reduction. if you want to lose fat off your legs and hips, you have to reduce your total body fat percentage.