1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How to Look Good Naked

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by guava, Feb 15, 2008.

1. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

How to Look Good Naked

I'm not much of a tv-watcher, but I found a link to this webpage where you can watch episodes of this show online.

I think they could have chosen a more personable host, but all in all, it seems to have a good message, and seems to do a decent job of improving the confidence of women with all different shapes and sizes of bodies. :cool:

This woman was asked to look at the sizes of each of these ladies' thighs (lined up from largest to smallest) and put herself in the correct spot in line. She put herself at the largest end of the line when in fact she belongs at the smallest end.

#1 guava, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

Hey, that sounds like an interesting show!:) I remember when I first saw it advertised and saw who the host was, I'd decided I probably wouldn't be able to take watching it.:lol: He drives me crazy. Maybe I'll give it a chance now, though.

3. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

It would have been much better with someone like Queen Latifah as the host. :nod:

I watched one full episode online, and two parts of another episode. The host is really quite annoying; I can't imagine him being able to put those ladies at ease. :confused:

There's one part of the show where he leads them to an area surrounded by mirrors, then asks them to disrobe, right in front of him. :eek: I don't like that part. :nope: It would only be fair for him to be in underwear as well.

4. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

We have that show in the UK with this odd chap:

[​IMG]

5. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    The host is Carson Kressley, who came to prominance as one of the "Fab Five" from Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. He's also an accomplished horseback rider, and was a member of the U.S. World Cup Saddle Seat equitation team.

6. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

7. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

I was going to suggest wearing 4 in heels at all times, but I guess that wasn't the point of the thread.

8. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

:spank:
    No, the point is to wear a smile at all times. :D

9. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

Some of us like pouting to :D

10. Chadster

Chadster Well-Known Member

On all the video clips I saw, all of the women were at least fairly attractive. Especially the girl in question, I think she's hot but you can tell by her conservative choice of underwear that she has insecurities. Being on national TV probably didn't help.

I wonder how much of it is hormonal imbalance? :confused: I see all kinds of overweight women in public places with their boobs pouring out of open blouses and their thongs hanging out. And there are fit women who wear baggy clothing to hide their insecurities. Of course we also have societal /cultural/moral issues with clothing or lack thereof. But I believe that our hormones and sex drives trump our cognition.

11. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Hormonal imbalance? Like mood disorder? Yes, that's part of it.

Studies have shown that a person's body image has a weak correlation with how others perceive them. (Which is surprising, because they would likely be receiving feedback about this perception.) The women on the shows I watched appeared surprised at the comments about their bodies from others. (Personally, I thought that asking for a rating from 1 to 10 was pretty crass, but the women seemed pleased to hear that they were a "9" or whatever)

In the episode I posted the picture about, I could tell that the woman was not completely insecure about her body all the time. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew that she was smokin' hot (look at the type of t-shirts she wears), and I believe she came on the show because she was beginning to distrust that self evaluation, and wanted to hear it from other people again, which I don't think is such a bad thing.

I sometimes take the time to tell beautiful women that they're beautiful, because they don't hear it very often. And telling a woman that she's beautiful often has the special power of making her more beautiful. :)

#11 guava, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  12. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

You are beautiful Guava!! :D

13. helgi

helgi Active Member

that host knows what looks good? it's always such dedicated followers of fashion who are able to insinuate themselves among groups women by acting gay and questioning their beauty. Just look at him, he sees beauty all the better with one eye closed. No matter how much he knows about looking good naked, I don't think he should take off that suit. It suits him.

#13 helgi, Mar 12, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008