1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How to get motivated again

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by AussiePaul, Mar 15, 2010.

1. AussiePaul

AussiePaul Active Member

Hi 6 months ago i was riding my bike a car pulled out had no were to go and smashed right into the car...Any cut along story short i nearly died and nothing was broken so good luck for me...Before that i was lifting really good and going to the gym everyday...

Now for some reason i just can't be bothered with the gym but in saying that i really want to do weights again and have muscles...My problem is i can't get motivated anymore or i seem to have lost my mojo for the gym...My thoughts r there but the body doesn't want to do anything so what should i do...I very good now and i am willing but how do i get that passion to lift and do cardio again...Please what should i do....

2. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Try keeping a journal. The act of writing down all your activities will keep you interested in seeing how things go. Give it a little time. Start with keeping track of cardio, weights, and nutrtion. Don't worry about how to go about the journal. Just do it. After a few weeks you'll have a nice log of your activities to ponder and plan.

3. AussiePaul

AussiePaul Active Member

Thanks mate i just done all my diet 2150 Cals per day...It's just been really hard but i'm still mind set ready to go...Thanks so much mate Tc

Paul

4. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

You're welcome. I can't tell you how many times I've only done my workout, nutritition, cardio just because I know I have to write it down and see it there.

5. Maya

Maya Well-Known Member

So true... so true..... :nod:

Journal also works wonders for me. I just log in my weight everyday, not because I'm that obsessed with my weight but to make logging a habit. Then my diet and my workouts follow.
    It also keeps me accountable.

6. AussiePaul

AussiePaul Active Member

Yeah i have done my meal plan so i am happy there i am going to cut i need to drop the bf i am using 45p 35c and 20f train 5 days a week and 4 day cardio...I like doing 5 days a week coz it only last half an hour tops... Thanks for all your help guys i will let u know how i go...

7. njprime

njprime Active Member

I agree with the journal.

Also, physical activity is addictive, just start a routine, and 2 weeks into it, you'll feel bad if you don't stick to your routine. (my experience from coming off of some hard breaks a few times)