1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

how soon after pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by nals, May 21, 2004.

1. nals

nals Well-Known Member

My wife had our first child in Jan 03 and the second about one week ago, May 13. My question is this: How soon can she begin weight training? I presume she can start eating healthy right now. To note, she's never never weight trained in her life. She just turned 22 this month.

My initial thought is she has to wait the standard six weeks until she's cleared by her doctor for normal physical activity, but, should she wait a certain period of time after that as well? I know she can ask the doctor, but we're looking for some other opinions/experiences.

Thanks for any info.

2. haven97

haven97 Well-Known Member

3. nals

nals Well-Known Member

She already knew that she was burning quite a few calories while breastfeeding. She's also only going to be breastfeeding for about 5-6 weeks. We were looking for more info on the cardio/weight training, etc. I have actually managed to NOT find much information suprisingly so. She's going to the doctors in a few days and she'll be able to ask then.

Thanks for the links though.

4. tashimarie

tashimarie Well-Known Member

my doc told me to start exercising when i felt i could, it i got tired...stop. if she had an uncomplicated delivery, feels great and wants to slowly work exercise into her day....go for it!