1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How soon after an endometrial ablation would you start weight training again?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by bfl_redhead, May 9, 2007.

1. bfl_redhead

bfl_redhead Well-Known Member

I'm having an endometrial ablation on monday, and although I have the week off from work, I'm not really sure when I can start weight training again.

Has anyone else had this done? I'm not really sure what to expect post-surgery.

Thanks everyone,:)

t

2. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

I had it done last year.

Post surgery isn't bad although I did have some cramping that lasted for about 24 hours. They gave me a weeks worth of pain meds but I only took them for the first day, then switched over to Tylenol or Advil after that. After the second or third day I didn't need any pain meds.

I was told that I wasn't do any type of exercise for the first couple of days. After that, I could do things like LISS, but not to lift anything heavy for another week or so. My OB isn't a fan of having people become couch potatoes after surgery, so as soon as I felt I could handle moving around, he encouraged me to do so. If I started bleeding ( more than spotting) I was to stop doing whatever exercise it was that caused it, and lay down for an hour or so, then try that particular exercise in a few days. If the bleeding became really heavy and didn't stop after a couple of hours it would have meant a trip to the OB's office so they could find out what and where the problem was.

*Leave now guys if you're going to as I'm going into the land of TMI.

I did have a backlash of problems but it wasn't from exercising or the surgery. The reason I had it done was because I was getting my period every two weeks and they were heavy. I could soak through a pad in alittle more than an hour.

This cycle continued for about 4 months post surgery. I contemplated having a hysterectomy as it appeared that the surgery wasn't going to help. It was about a month after my inital consultation for the second surgery that the heavy bleeding stopped and I haven't had a problem since. I still get a period, but it's really light and only lasts for 3 days. Unfortantely I still get exhausted with PMS so the surgery didn't help with that at all.

Hope this helps & good luck in surgery.

3. Falhurk

Falhurk Well-Known Member

You know.. I'm not convinced this was a fair warning. *grumble grumble* stupid curiosity *grumble grumble*

:lol:

4. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

:lol:

If I didn't say anything at all, I might feel bad for you, but since I did post a "warning" even if it wasn't in bold print, I have no sympathy. :evil:

5. sumisan

sumisan Active Member

Hi Zilla :)

I had one done on 2/6 of this year and started working out on 2/26. I think I could have started sooner but I was waiting for the OK from my doctor. I had 3 days of flat out back pain, not quite labor type bad but my worst period cramps type bad...which is pretty bad to me LOL They give you some good DRUGS :) I think I took them for 3 days at the dosage they told me and the next two days I eased off them, by day 5, I was drug free.

I am on month 3 now and still period free. I spotted for about 3 weeks, very light but worthy of a panty liner, now its nothing. after about a month I had some pink swiped on the tp but I am not convinced it was my period LOL My pms is better too, and I dont get totally drained each month. I think my PMS was related to anticipating feeling like crap each month LOL I was really anemic and this really helped. One month post I had my numbers back into normal range, although I still am supposed to be taking my iron to get my storage levels back up.

I was one of those women who never realized their period was abnormal! What needed tampons AND a maxi isnt normal LMAO Oh well, better to find out later than never at all haha.

Good luck!! THere is a great forum for EA here: EA FORUM I was so freaked out beforehand as I had never gone under and I hate pain and needles. I nearly got up and ran, hospital robe flappin in the wind haha, seriously, I was very close. But it really wasnt that bad, we even went out that night to dinner and everything :) (just keep your pain meds with you!!!)

6. bfl_redhead

bfl_redhead Well-Known Member

Thanks to both of you for the great information (never too much, don't worry! LOL):cool:

and thanks for the forum link....I will head right over...

bye for now,

t