1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How much do you think i should eat to gain weight?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Loveisallyouneed, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Loveisallyouneed

Loveisallyouneed Active Member

I have decided i want to gain 10 pounds. the past few weeks ive been eating around 1600-1800 calories a day. (i used to eat around 1400) i do cardio 45-60 minutes 6 days a week. i have a naturally slim figure, and a fast metabolism. how much would you say i'd need to eat /work out to gain weight?

(if this is any help, i used to eat A LOT of food. i was 5'6 and 100-105 pounds. i finally gained 20 lbs after my entire life of eating like shxt and not gaining anything. thats why i decided to lost the weight, but i lost too much. im now at 103 lbs and 5'6 and it loosk unnatural. i see the bones in my chest and i just feel twig-like. when i gained that weight i did not exercise at all. ate donuts/bagels for breakfast. junk for snacks. 2 bags of candy everytime i worked bc i used to work at the movie theater when iwas 17. yes 2 bags. http://www.placesintown.com/brunswick/theater_candy.jpg <--those are the size of them lol.i never stopped eating. sometimes on my work break i would go to buffalo wild wings and get 8 boneless wings to go, then id stop by coldstone right after and get a medium ice cream w/ reeces in it and i'd still not be full. usually i'd breakfast, 2 lunches; lunch at school, lunch after school at a restaurant, dinner, snacks.) ive always ate that way but once i turned 17 i started gaining. i dont want to gain 20 lbs tho, only 10 lol. o and im 19.)

#1 Loveisallyouneed, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

I think it's not only about HOW MUCH you should eat, but WHAT you should eat to gain weight. Also, whether you want to gain fat or muscle. The latter I suppose if you want to keep a nice figure but avoid skinny appearance. I would cut the cardio sessions to 3 per week and replace the other three with weight training. i think 1600-1800 calories is fine, but again, write a little about what exactly you eat during the day.

3. lfytraining

lfytraining Active Member

1600-1800 is probably not enough if you say you are trying to gain weight. I would go for 2200 calories. There are lots of proven methods too... like the milk method :P

If you are not lactose intolerant, whole milk is the way to go for fast weight gain!

4. rgordon82

rgordon82 Member

Have the same problem. What food should we eat anyway to gain weight?