1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How much bodyfat % can I lose in 1 month?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by JaxConrad, May 3, 2008.

1. JaxConrad

JaxConrad Well-Known Member

I have a specific event I want to get in shape thats just 1 month away. If I was working out really hard and eating right, whats the most % of body fat I could expect to lose in a month? At the moment I'm about 18%.

2. smuhhh

smuhhh Well-Known Member

I am not a pro here, so this is just my thoughts.

If you really kick your own ass hard for a month, you could probably get yourself down to ~15%

3. kevin_in_ga

kevin_in_ga Active Member

Look, this is easy to determine. You are currently at 152 and 18%. That means you have 125 lbs of lean muscle mass, and 27 lbs of fat.

Assuming you can lose 2 lbs of fat per week (an aggressive target, but do-able), and you lose 1 lb of water for every 7-8 lbs of fat, after one month you will be at 124 lbs LMM and 19 lbs fat, putting you at 143 lbs and 13.3 % BF.

HOWEVER - before you get too excited, this is a best case scenario for almost anyone. Diet, cardio, and solid lifting are a must, and dedication is critical.

Assuming you are human and slip up a bit, you might be at 145 and 21lbs fat (~14-15%).

Excellent guesstimate smuhhh!!

4. sodomojo

sodomojo Active Member

Most people are able to lose around .5% bf per week. Some can lose up to 1% bf per week.

5. kevin_in_ga

Again - it is not a percentage you lose, but an absolute amount. As I stated earlier, a 2 lb fat loss per week is an agressive but achievable goal. The percentage that translates into depends on your absolute weight and absolute amount of fat.

6. Gance

Gance Active Member

Holy Sh^@ dude! He's not a worm or slug. Don't forget about water, organs, bone, skin... human waste. There is more than lean muscle there.

7. smuhhh

smuhhh Well-Known Member

I think he was including those things into the lean muscle mass, for all intensive purposes, it is easier to divide it into fat and non fat material on the body.

8. kevin_in_ga

Ummmm ... the terms lean muscle mass and lean body mass are interchangeable, with the remainder being considered fat.

Do you know for sure he's not a worm or a slug? I mean do you REALLY, REALLY know for sure?

9. smuhhh

smuhhh Well-Known Member

:lol: