1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

how long does it take to go from 20% to 10% BF?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by jmike, Mar 25, 2012.

1. wwwolf

wwwolf Member

2. jmike

jmike Active Member

sorry -- finishing a 12 hour overnight shift

trying to maintain lean mass while cutting body fat

i don't mind lifting or doing cardio 7 days a week

i was thinking about lifting an hour a day 3 days a week and doing an hour of cardio 4 days a week.

3. profdlp

profdlp Well-Known Member

I would suggest that instead of an hour of cardio 4X per week, do one long session and two or three HIIT sessions.

I started out chunky, lost a lot of weight, added a lot of muscle, then went back to school and slowly started gaining some excess blubber. When it got to the point (about 15lb extra fat) where I couldn't stand it any more I found that I had trouble getting it back off. I ran out of time to keep doing endless cardio and found that the HIIT fit my schedule better, suited my mental focus better - and most importantly - worked better.

4. CharlesDance

CharlesDance Member

If your protein is high enough (probably about 1.2-1.5 grams bodyweight), and you are doing compound , HEAVY lifts, you really shouldn't lose too much muscle.

5. jmike

jmike Active Member

on average i hit 180-190 grams of protein a day --- even on off days

figured out my schedule after some fun time in the gym

Monday - 30 minutes heavy lifting - chest/triceps
    30 minutes of high intensity lifting (crossfit type -- squat cleans and snatches with overhead squats -- kipping pull ups)

Tuesday -- 1 hour cardio -- 5 mile goal (heart rate will probably stay around 160-170-ish)

Wednesday -- 10-20 minutes kipping pullups for fun (works my lats and core) --- Heavy lifting to finish working the rest of my back and biceps)

Thursday -- crossfit fun day -- whatever i feel like

Friday -- 30 minutes heavy lifting -- Shoulders -- Deadlifts -- more crossfit fun time -- whatever i want

Saturday -- 1 hour cardio -- 5 mile goal (heart rate will probably stay around 160-170-ish)

Sunday -- Off