1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How does my routine look?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by RipZyzz, Aug 19, 2011.

1. RipZyzz

RipZyzz Member

Hey guys

Been back and forth with weight loss and was wondering how my routine looks now that I've lurked and read a lot on JSF.

Stats:
    Weight: 192lbs
    Height: 5'4

I'm technically "obese" at this weight with this height so need to make changes.

9:00am: 2 Egg whites, Oatmeal w/ Bananas & 1 teaspoon organic peanut butter
    10:30am: Veggie Burger (plain)
    12:00pm: Whey Protein Shake
    3:00pm: Sandwich (Sprouted bread w/ blackforest ham or chicken meat & veggies)
    6:00pm: Wholemeal pasta
    9:00pm: Chicken Breast w/ veggies

Hitting around 1400ish calories
    30% carbs
    30% fat
    40% protein

Everyday I walk on the treadmill for 60mins and mix in jogging with it. I also have just started lifting which will be 3 times a week.

Also what are your thoughts on veggie burgers? I just started eating them today to add more cals/ protein to the diet.

Nutrition Facts: Veggie Burger
    Cals: 120
    Fat: 3g
    Sodium: 230mg
    Potassium: 170mg
    Carbs: 8g
    Protein: 14g

Thanks guys, any input is welcome.

Also am I getting enough exercise? I'm going at about 2.5 on treadmill for 60 mins. I'll jog for about a minute or 2 randomly if I'm feeling good. I'm sure this will increase as I get more endurance in the coming weeks/months.

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Welcome to JSF! :)
    Well, to be honest, that's not a good routine or diet. Cardio should not take precedence over lifting if fat loss is a goal. Your cardio is too excessive. For the diet, too many starchy carbs, not enough first class protein, too many processed foods (pasta, deli meats should be avoided) and veggie burgers contain too much soy and sodium with processed carbs. Your healthy fat intake is also quite low. Low fat will not support proper hormonal health and will hinder fat loss.

A good place to start would be the beginner stickies section for nutrition.

:gl:

3. stallion16

stallion16 Well-Known Member

I agree with pretty much everything Mastover said (aside from the exercise part). Here is How I would edit your diet/routine:

9:00am: 3 whole Eggs, 1 Banana & 1 teaspoon organic Almond butter
    12:00pm: A good chunk of beef, chicken, meat, or fish with a LARGE side of veggies/salad
    3:00pm: Sandwich (Sprouted bread w/ blackforest ham or chicken meat & veggies)
    6:00pm: protein shake or some type of variation of your 12pm meal.
    9:00pm: Chicken Breast w/ veggies (add some healthy fats from olive oil, avocados, any nuts--except peanuts..etc)

Increase your calories to 2400-2600 calories and decrease from there if your results stall out. Your routine is fine. I don't think walking/light jogging is everyday is an issue (and its certainly enough). Just keep lifting hard.

if you have any questions feel free to PM me :) good luck and keep working hard.