1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How Buttersweet lost her 'butt' and then built some

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Buttersweet, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

3. Buttersweet

well, the thing is, working out used to help, but now it doesn't. did 20 min HIIT this morning, felt like crap afterwards. it's either that i'm starting to miss my bf badly, or it's the south wind Jugo. It's like Santa Ana wind in California, and man it drives me crazy. Makes everyone wanna kill everyone else:D

31/90
    HIIT in the morning

didn't do legs yesterday. should do it today. i have to make myself, why not attempt to make one more perfect week this month:confused:

4. Buttersweet

30/90

did legs this morning instead of yesterday afternoon.
    will do core and cardio in the afternoon. maybe this change in my routine will make things better.
    cannot pin where the problem is:blank:

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm glad you exercised. It's something that you can control and there's really no downside to it.

6. Buttersweet

you're right.
    and i did my cardio in the afternoon. didn't do core though, simply was too tired.
    today is chest day. it's sunny and i feel ok.

7. Buttersweet

ok, so, i went to bed after work to have a nap. woke up terribly tired. thought of every possible excuse not to do chest. started doing it. did 20 min and realized i had a fever and an inflamed throat.
    had a shower, had some paracetamol, had tea and cookies (since sick people have to be treated nice to feel better:D) and went to bed.
    i feel down. maybe it's this cold, maybe it's just autumn blues, maybe it's the fact i'm broke again, but most probably it's the cookies.
    i tracked down every single thing i ate this week and realized i've been cheating more, and of course, it's all sugar:blank: protein intake has been lower than normal this week, although i'd get my cottage cheese for breakfast or eggs.
    but i had regular past and bread instead of whole grain, and i had too much coffe. i'd have 3 cups by noon:rolleyes:
    so, i know i should get back to my super strict diet thing, but i seem to not have the srenght, i simply can't force myself to start, to do it again. i'm just so fed up with all the regulations in my life wight now, but it's not wise to losen up with the food, is it?
    i mean, ok, so i wouldn't eat fast food, i simply don't have the money to eat out, ihave to cook and cook healthy, but i enjoy a cup of tea with cookies so much:D what's the harm in that?

help.

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Given all that's going on, moderating your diet without going all out may be what's best for your long term success. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

While on the subject of food, earlier this week I had a conversation with a woman from Croatia who was excitedly telling me that she found a store nearby that imports Kras (sp?) candies and cookies. They must be pretty good because she was really excited.

9. Buttersweet

i don't know what to do, i really don't. diet is about 80% clean. low on calories. but exercise is fine. apart from yesterday, but i really was ill.
    I haven't had any of their products in a long time:confused:
    they're fine, but it's mass production, and it still tastes good, but, they're very old fashioned. not much has changed since i was a kid. not even with how they package things:)
    the best stuff in my opinion: griotte
    http://www.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=griotte&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_result_group
    it's the best cherry liqueur with an actual cherry fruit filled chocolate candy i've ever had, and i had some pretty great ones in Belgium.
    chocolate coated wafers (Tortica) are also perfect. my American friends who come to Croatia become addicted to these, and Karlovacko beer:D

28/90
    didn't do cardio this morning, still feel a bit weak from last night. should do legs in the afternoon:scared:

10. Buttersweet

The weekend was terrible, since I spent it in bad with a cold and terrible toothache (wisdom), so, all together I did 2 lifting and 3 cardio workouts last week. Pathetic. At least it's better than last year when at this time I did absolutely nothing:D
    I'm still ill but had to come to work. Didn't do cardio. Didn't have breakfast. I have cottage cheese with me, but have no appetite. :blank:
    And I'm so stressed out about this.:mad:

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    i don't know what to do, i really don't. diet is about 80% clean. low on calories. but exercise is fine. apart from yesterday, but i really was ill. [/quote]

Get better soon.

That the items haven't changed is what excited her so much; it brought back fond memories from years ago.

Next time I speak with her I'll mention Griotte and the beer.

12. cookeecrumbs

cookeecrumbs Active Member

Feel better! Being sick is depressing especially when you have so much on your plate. And yes, you are doing much better than last year - it's about improvement, not always perfection :D

13. Buttersweet

Get better soon.

That the items haven't changed is what excited her so much; it brought back fond memories from years ago.

Next time I speak with her I'll mention Griotte and the beer.[/quote]
    griotte are very addictive, i'm not sure you'd be doing her a favour:D

tnx.
    i stayed at home today, feel like crap, just had eggs, had to force them down, then felt sick, then felt dizzy, headache is terrible, i0m gonna go to bed and try to read something.

14. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Good for you for taking some time to rest and recover. I am one who often stays home when I feel a cold starting. I rarely wait till it gets bad. Normally by resting in the beginning the cold never gets bad.

Feel better soon and don't worry about missing work outs until you are better.

15. Buttersweet

i do that to, but this time i simply wasn't getting better, and then i had to go back to work...
    i can't help worrying, and on top of that i completely fell off the wagon. i'm depressed, i can't remember when was the last time i felt like this, i haven't exercised in, what, two weeks now, i don't know, and i've started eating too much sugar again. there's other stuff i simply don't feel like typing about.

i feel paralyzed again, completely, i know what i need to do, but it's like i'm watching myself from a distance and cannot move my limbs:blank:

on top of that i had a stupid stupid stupid fight with my bf who is still on board, and i don't even know how to make THAT better. in fact, i don't even feel like it.

gee, this is a very very low spot where i'm at right now.

16. cookeecrumbs

When people hit bottom, they usually end up climbing up... So, there's a good chance you'll be on an upswing soon :) I'm sure you feeling better will help greatly with your outlook on life, so I hope good health returns quickly!

17. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

I know how you feel depression is a bitch. But a couple weeks you had a positive attitude and said you never felt better. Try to get back to that state.

18. Buttersweet

i'm feeling a bit better physically, stayed up late last night to make things with bf better, some improvement there. i should be able to start my exercise program again. this afternoon. must must must

Yes, 'just start' would be the answer. But how to get on board of a speeding train? I feel like i'm just standing there, watching it pass.:blank:
    OK, today i'll start again. back and biceps. simple enough, and then 30 min LISS.
    Sounds like a plan.:confused:

19. Buttersweet

OK, so, i put on my workout clothes and trainers and started warming up. after about 3 min i felt like giving up. no matter how insane it was to take off the clothes i just put on.
    so, i hung my pull up bar, tried a few pull ups. did 30 min back and triceps, fine weight, fine reps.
    again, felt like giving up.
    then put some LOUD music on, and did 58 MIN LISS!:eek:

Unfortunately, i still don't feel better, but at least i don't feel like a loser for skipping my workouts:D
    actually, the mood i'm in, i can't believe i did it.

i wanna try my morning workouts again. wish me luck:)

20. cookeecrumbs

Good luck! :D Nice on getting a workout in!