1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

How Buttersweet lost her 'butt' and then built some

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Buttersweet, Jun 29, 2007.

1. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Wow 2 a days. That's pretty impressive. Yes there is proof of the 2 steps forward, one step back theory. No one can take that away.

2. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

At least I'm still moving forward:)

49/90

Yesterday was supposed to be rest day, but it was busy, active and a cheat day. I ate little, and the cheating was just some tea cookies with jam and chocolate, the rest of my food was clean. I went for a day trip to the continent and had a very good time. I climbed a hilltop which was a great leg and butt workout. Returned late and had nightmares.
    So, no workout this morning. Have to have a nap in the afternoon and then do back and biceps.

have a great weekend everyone!

3. Buttersweet

46/90

The weekend was ok. I missed one workout though, yesterday. The day was crap, but all together I'm pleased with last week.
    This morning I did 10 min HIIT because I woke up too late, missed breakfast and feel like crap. It will get better later, hoepfully. AT least I exercised.

#1723 Buttersweet, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  4. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

You'll make next weekend better :)

5. Buttersweet

I hope so.:)

45/90
    Did an excellent chest and triceps body workout yesterday.:bb: Diet clean. Low on calories though.

6. Buttersweet

44/90

Yesterday was rest day (it's usually MOnday, but I exercised on MOnday because I felt like it, fortunately) because I had a terrible headache, so took a pill, slept all afternoon, went back to bed early.

Did 20 min HIIT this morning. It always surprises me how I keep sweating terribly 20 min after I finish the workout. I suppose it's all that fat melting:lol:

Afternoon: legs and core, oh yeah!:bb::bb:

7. Whoracle

Yeah HIIT will leave me more of a sweaty mess in 15 minutes than any sort of LISS will

8. Buttersweet

it's very inconvenient when one has toleave for work straight after workout:D

just did my legs and core:bb:

9. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Keeping at it I see. Good for you.

What type of HIIT are you doing?

10. Buttersweet

I don't know what 'type' it is, but I'd run for 2 or 3 min just to warm up, and then I'd do 15 sec squats, or push ups, or run with high knees, or crunches, or prisoner squats, and then run normally for 45 seconds, and then do this intervals for 10 min straight, the next 10 min would be a bit easier: jumping jacks, burpees, etc.

43/90

did 30 min LIIS this morning. needed a change. liked it. feel my legs and butt today, feel GREAT in general:D

but missed breakfast:cry:

11. cookeecrumbs

cookeecrumbs Active Member

I'm so glad that you're feeling awesome and being so consistent :)

12. Buttersweet

Thank you!:wave:

42/90

OK so, you know when they say that consistency and strength which you achieve through exercise can simply 'extend' over all other aspects of life? Well, I'm there right now.
    There's been some trouble at work again, my salary still sucks, I felt bitter for such a long time, my BF is away and it's hard. But, OMG, I feel so good all the time!:) I decided to take even more work to start feeling useful again, I completely changed my perspective, stopped thinking about whether I'd be payed and simply decided to be productive and useful for the community I live in, and, believe it or not, these last few days were so amazing, so many doors opened suddenly, it's crazy:eek:

Yesterday was rest day because I felt so tired (but fulfilled), and I didn't do anything this morning. That's ok because I've already done 5 workouts this week [​IMG]
    Today should be back and shoulders.
    After a nap.:D

Have a great weekend everyone!

13. Whoracle

You're kicking ass, keep it up :tucool:

14. cookeecrumbs

cookeecrumbs Active Member

This just makes me smile - How awesome!! I'm glad you're feeling super and your community is benefiting :)

15. Buttersweet

Thank you both!:) I'm exhausted, I've been exercising twice a day, have a few side jobs, I'm preparing some lectures and papers to publish, it's crazy. But I still feel good.:nod:

38/90

The weekend was great. Busy.
    Overslept this morning so did only 10 min HIIT which is great since I almost did nothing.:)
    Skipped breakfast so I'm having it now at work, oats and protein powder - yuck.

Have a great week everyone!

16. Buttersweet

36/90

I actually know what Who meant when he said he didn't want to feel like crap the morning of his interview. because, I woke up yesterday feeling like crap from my back workout TWO days earlier. DOMS were killing me, I couldn't move, and was supposed to drive to another town to give a lecture. In any case, it all went well, but I came back late, exhausted, and skipped this morning's cardio:blank:
    AND breakfast.:bang:
    So, legs today.
    I just wanna sleep:sleepy:

17. Whoracle

Yeah it's not a cop out, I've gone to interviews before where I could barely move from working out before. Never got those jobs either :lol: That might not be why but it's probably not good to show up to a big interview when it literally hurts to walk.

18. Buttersweet

my apologies sir:D

35/90
    omg, came to work, phone doesn't work, printers don't work, comp is painfully slow, i just wanna leave and do some fieldwork but it's rainy:mad:
    left my laptop at home, what to do, what to do, and there's actually so much to do.

woke up late because a friend called late last night, kept me awake until midnight, did 18 min cardio instead of 30, have other errands in the afternoon, have to go to my friends', she's ill, another workout not done:bang::bang:
    oh well, i can still hit three tomorrow and on sunday...

diet's clean!

19. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Finding the positive in a day that is not going right. That is good.

Hope your weekend is going well.

20. Buttersweet

Oh, well, what can be positive about a week with only one workout?:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

32/90

Well, the one night at my friend's turned into a weekend of great food, wine and no exercise.
    ok, I needed company, she needed company, we spent great time together, worked a little on our projects, but, but but, I came home late last night and realized I'd only done one workout for the whole week! I kind of have a feeling I did more, at least more morning cardio:confused::confused:

I feel so angry with myself.
    Did 30 min cardio this morning. Will do legs in the afternoon.
    :bang::bang::bang::bang: