1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

How Buttersweet lost her 'butt' and then built some

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Buttersweet, Jun 29, 2007.

1. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Not sure if the sweating is good or bad, but if you felt great then how bad could it be?

Probably just your body adjusting to training again.

How was the beach?

2. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

Well, interval training in the morning always does that, it's like the body gets going, speeds up, and then simply keeps going although i've stopped doing anything. it doesn't feel bad just a little embarassing at work with all those drops of sweat on my forehead:D

the beach was great! i'm going to have my birthday party there on Saturday, just girlfriends, cold snacks and cocktails. can't wait!

yesterday was a terribly buisy day which ended at about 1 am, so i got up late and tired and didn't exercise. you were write, beginnings are not easy, but i don't worry this time, i know the drill, and my body's not much weaker than three months ago when i stopped working out.
    diet is perfect.

3. Buttersweet

85/90

did 10 min interval before work, which is better than nothing i suppose, almost missed that.

missed breakfast, had too much coffee, it around 40 C so i don't think i'll be exercising in the afternoon, but i should take a nap. the heat is exhausting.

4. Buttersweet

I got a chin-up bar as a birthday present from a friend! Yay! I put all parts together but still need to place holders above my door, and I'll need to drill to do that:confused: Whom to call...
    I still managed to try it though, and, oh what a surprise, I can't do one. I'm not worried about that at all, since there was a time I could not do one push up. I'm so looking forward to this autumn's program.:bb:

5. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

I was at the supermarket today, and as I was staring at the chocolate display, something caught my eye "Hobnobs". :lol: I was thinking, why does that sound familiar, then I remembered. I guess it is too late for me to get rich importing them to the US. I was so tempted to buy them, but didn't. I will buy them, but I could tell I was going to eat the whole package today if I bought them.

6. macdiver

Bronze Member

So now you will become a pull up queen as well as being the push up queen. :nod:

I was at a party yesterday and the host served two wines made by Grgich, a zinfandel from Napa and a Plavic Mali from Croatia. The Plavic Mali was wonderful. I thought of you when he brought out the wine and said I have friend in Croatia. :)

7. Buttersweet

Don't or I'll feel guilty for not just the ones I devour:D

:lol: I don't know about that, chi-ups seem so much harder, but I'll do my best.
    Actually, you have a friend who lives in Dalmatia, which is the area of Croatia where Grgich is from.:)
    One of my friends who lives in San Francisco brought me a botlle that Grgich had signed for him. We drank the wine, but kept the bottle, although I don't really know what to do with it, I simply cannot just throw it away. He's quite a character and very popular here.

Well, my birthday party at the beach went extremely well, although I had worked hard to prepare everything. In fact, so hard that my whole body hurt yesterday: my butt, thighs, arms. Probably, from all that running up and down the stairs and up and down again. But I had a good time.

Have a great week everyone.

8. cookeecrumbs

cookeecrumbs Active Member

So glad that things seem to be going well and that the party was a success... and that you got a "utilitarian workout" setting up for it :)

9. Buttersweet

Well, the workout was so hard that I decided never to throw a birthday party again:D

Today I did a 10 min intervail workout before work, which is better than nothing -my original plan after opening my eyes at 7:50 am.

Depression's behind the conrer, mostly because I'm skipping breakfast and don't eat completely clean. So I mixed a protein shake after work and had a chicken sandwich on whole grain bread, and am now feeling much better.

I'm not that happy with my social and work situation at the moment. I seem to be surrounded with freaks of all sorts, or maybe (more likely) I'm the freak and simply don't fit in.

Friday starts my vacation. Will start a strict and dedicated plan when I get back. In the meanime, I'm reintroducing helathy habits one by one again.

10. macdiver

Bronze Member

The boyfriend is gone and the days are getting shorter. This should be expected.

This does not help.

This helps. Good luck

11. Buttersweet

Thank you for your sound argument. It actually helps understand it's not my fault.:)

60/90
    Wow, a whole month passed and I didn't even feel it!
    Had a good vacation.
    Started strict program this morning. Had whole grain, low fat cottage cheese and tuna. Coffee black, no sugar.
    I'm tired from yesterday's 6 hour trip and will rest today. Monday has always been my rest day, no worries there.

Simple plan that worked last spring:
    DIET
    - breakfast must have + min 3 meals daily
    - one cheat meal a week
    - 40:40:20; fitday
    - 2l water min
    - alcohol once a week (one glass)
    EXERCISE
    - split
    - 4-5 lifting workouts per week
    - 3 cardio workouts per week minimum - HIIT preferably or fasted cardio on days I start work later
    - 2 core workouts per week minimum - incorporate into lifting when doing legs
    - push up challenge
    - start pull ups

TASKS
    - start photos
    - start measurements
    - install pull up bar
    - push up test

Simple, doable, brings results.

Have a good week everyone!

12. Buttersweet

59/90
    back/biceps done - felt stronger than I though I would
    had cheat day due to a birthday party
    except for a veggie lasagna, a piece of cake and half a glass of wine tonight, which I'd planned, my diet yesterday and today has been 100% clean. that was a relief since I was worried that getting back on track would be much more difficult.
    i'm planing to have a perfect week

13. Buttersweet

58/90

today will be leg and core day

I already messed up because I skipped breakfast because I slept in because I was out until late last night.

have mild doms from yesterday's workout which makes me feel good actually.

14. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Good to see you back at it :D

15. Buttersweet

Tnx! It feels good too.:)

57/90

This morning I removed two new mental obstacles:
    1. I thought I'd never be able to do strength workouts, or lifting HIIT before work. Cardio always seemed easier;
    2. I thought I'd never be able to do any exercise after less than 7 hours of sleep.
    :claphigh::claphigh:
    I proved myself wrong this morning by doing a strength circuit (legs) that made me feel like puking and dizzy.
    I was sweating like a pig, I also did core and some yoga stretching. All of that after about 5 hours of light and uneasy sleep. I feel quite proud of myself.
    I missed breakfast though, there was no time left before work, and I didn't prepared anything last night - big big mistake.:nope:

In any case, chest and triceps planned for the afternoon, push up test:scared:
    Maybe some aerobics as well.
    Diet clean, water fine, coffee under control.

16. macdiver

Bronze Member

Good job pushing yourself to get your work out completed.

17. Buttersweet

Well, one day you do it, the next you don't.:blank: Yesterday afternoon I was supposed to do chest and tricpes, but leg and butt and back DOMS kicked so hard that I stayed in bed all afternoon. Diet was perfectly clean though.
    However, today was supposed to be rest day, but because I missed a workout yesterday, I at leaste managed to get to bed early, so got up this morning and did chest and triceps before work:claphigh:

My butt hurts so bad it's hard to sit, move, walk the stairs, but I LOVE THAT FEELING.

Have a great weekend everyone!

18. Buttersweet

53/90

Perfect weekend, perfect Monday.
    Nothing spetial to report, only that I still can't believe how great I feel after morning workouts.:jumping:

19. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Awesome. Does feel good when you're in the zone and hitting your workouts.

20. Buttersweet

yes it does:nod:
    i printed out a poster that says: are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?
    moves my ass:D

52/10
    i'm so busy with work, exercise, and cooking clean food, that I don't have time to read the forum
    but i will post here to say:
    diet perfect, workouts perfect, mood 'high', what else can I wish for?

i did HIIT in the morning and then simple upper body (chest and triceps) in the afternoon. wow, when did I start working out twice a day? how did this happen?
    where was that line that I crossed? i wish i could say because i might need that info in the future. my journal proves i make 2 steps forward and one backward.:confused: