1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

How Buttersweet lost her 'butt' and then built some

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Buttersweet, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

Happy 2011 to you too!:)

Well, I didn't exercise for about 30 days. I don't feel guilty, I just feel eager to start again. I'm a little bloated due to holiday food and my period, but I'm going to start again today. Legs and abs, and perhaps light cardio if I don't go out with my bf. December was terribly busy but I managed to earn some extra money and I can finally breathe again. That's why I don't feel guilty about not exercising.

No great NY's resolutions or anything, just getting back to my routine. So, let me repeat:
    1. 3 lifting and 3 cardio sessions per week minimum
    2. 4 meals per day minimum, one warm
    3. around 1800 calories daily, 40:40:20
    4. more than 2 l of water
    5. one cheat meal per week
    6. pics and measurements posted once a month

I'll do legs and abs today. I'm scared:)
    Exercise plan will be revised as soon as I get my groove back:) Might wanna hit it harder this winter and spring. We'll see.

Have a good week everyone!

2. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

Those are some serious goals butters! Hope all is well, and you'll surely kick some butt this year.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

3. Buttersweet

I absolutely must!:D

Well, I did legs and abs and felt sick but managed to finish my workout. :nod: Thought I could do all sets and reps but at about third exercise reps wre cut from 12 to 5:lol: Oh who cares, I started again, my butt hurts like hell, I have trouble walking down the stairs and I feel fit to become fully dedicated again. No one believed I exercised yesterday. Because everyone I know postponed it until next week.:)
    Then I pampered myself with some face and hair masks. Summer will come soon here and this time I'll be ready:lol:
    I don't know what I'm so cheerful about.

4. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

Welcome back J!
    how was your holiday, did you get to spend it with lots of family?

5. Buttersweet

tnx C. Yes, I was with my family in Zagreb and worked my ass off to make everyone happy.:)

My butt and legs still hurt like hell. I'm not able to do anything. I still have lots of Mum's cookies to finish and until then I can't clean up my diet completely. I cannot throw it all away, it would be shame.

6. Buttersweet

my butt and legs and abs hurt THE WHOLE LAST WEEK. it was terrible. there's some sort of flu around here and i might be catching it since i'm feeling awful all the time.
    so, back to getting the groove and back to small steps forward:
    1. will take more fluids (tea!)
    2. going to exercise tomorrow - upper body
    3. colleague and I have had enough of cottage cheese for lunch so we're bringing food to work for both of us. tomorrow's my turn, will make a salad with lots of green veggies and some protein:confused:
    4. reduce coffee to 2 cups max and improve sleep
    5. no more snacks and sweets (Mum's cookies gone)
    6. TAKE MEASUREMENTS AND FACE REALITY - TONIGHT

get a grip get a grip

7. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

Get back in here. :nod:

8. Buttersweet

i'm in, i just don't have time to post:)
    i'm exercising, eating healthy again and all that
    keeping track in a notebook at home
    will post pics when i get the time

9. archie

archie Active Member

Hey B! Just letting you know I was thinking of you. Hopefully things are still rolling along down the right track and your just busy and unable to post :)

10. Buttersweet

thanks for thinking of me Archie:) I lost my password for the forum for a while, then didn't feel like posting, but I continued to exercise more or less regularly and didn't get any weight. Didn't lose the centimeters I was going to by this time, but I don't mind.
    Since my bf is gone again for three months I'll have so much free time that I'll be exercising almost every day. My diet is mostly clean, I stopped smoking, and increased water intake.
    So, here I go again.

Day 1 - yesterday
    LEG DAY
    10 min high intensity cardio - been doing high intensity cardio for a while now and realized I actually like it better than low intensity, we'll see..
    added triceps exercises - to every workout, this measure worked fine with push ups, so i'll be doing dips this month
    diet simply fine

The goal is to lose 3 more cm in my waist by the end of June. Doable. Or not, just become more firm, that's all.:)

11. Buttersweet

DAY 2 - yesterday
    no workout thanks to my parents but since I gave up complaining until Easter...

DAY 3 - today
    I will have to do a quick workout since I'm going out in the evening.
    BACK; BICEPS
    10 in high intensity cardio

12. Buttersweet

DAY - 3 - yesterday
    Back, shoulders, cardio
    water intake poor, food not 100% clean

DAY 4 - today
    LEG DAY, cardio

Started with breakfast prior to going to work - hooray! low fat cottage cheese, chicken breast salami, whole grain bread; had my vitamins, had enough water; have to make a warm meal in the afternoon

13. Laneage

Laneage Well-Known Member

Welcome back :wave:

14. Buttersweet

Thank you, it really IS good to be back:)

DAy 5 (86) - yesterday
    Thought it would be a complete rest day but did a 20 min hiit cardio and felt great about myself afterwards:)
    Diet is gettin better every day. I started having cottage cheese early in the morning and that helps control cravings throughout the day. Water intake also good. I'm slowly moving towards a perfectly clean diet, but I've already taught my environment about the type of chocolate and bread and stuff I do eat, so I don't expect problems there.
    I'm happy. My whole body aches and it's such a good feeling. I also sleep better, almost full 8 hours every night.

DAY 6 (85) - today
    LEGS and ABS day
    had a killer leg workout the other day. been really pushing my limits. put up posters of great bodies (Jessica Biel's and Jennifer Aniston's legs) on the wall - helps with motivation.

Measure tape says I'm the same, but that's fine since it's PMS time. I'm a little down because my BF's gone but IT'S SPRING, YAY!

I shortened rest time between sets to 30-45 seconds and it works great for me. I've been doing new versions of squats and lunges and step ups and feel excited about workouts again.

15. Buttersweet

DAY 9 (82) - today
    REST DAY

Last week was almost perfect. Did all 5 workouts, started high intensity cardio finally, and ate almost perfectly clean meals. Need to improve the food department. Other than that I'm pretty pleased with myself. Forced myself to exercise when I least felt like it. I'm pushing my limits and that feels really good.
    Last week was 2 leg workouts, 2 back workouts and one chest.

This one is 2 leg workouts, one back workout and 2 chest.:nod:

The amount of cellulite on my thighs and butt is :barf:

This week's goal: to replace second cup of coffee with tea.

16. Buttersweet

DAY 10 (81) - today
    Legs/abs day, yay!

Started with a nice protein filled breakfast, but had 2 cups of coffee:blank:

17. Buttersweet

DAy 10 - yesterday went perfect! I didn't want to do the workout but did it anyways! Won against myself again:D

DAY 11(80) - today
    Chest, triceps day.
    or rest? I'm kind of sleepy:confused:

18. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Buttersweet,

Why is that bad? :confused: Are you trying to cut down on caffeine?

19. Buttersweet

yes I am, I want to start drinking tea more often, you know, healthy lifestyle, but I'm not sure I'll do it, I loooove coffee:D

DAY 13 (78)
    Yesterday I rested and will do so today as well. I'm too weak due to my period and have a horrible headache. So I'll have 4 instead of 5 workouts this week, and I don't think that's so bad. Diet is not high on calories but it's not clean either. As usual, during my period I don't worry about that so much.
    I generally feel stronger since I started regular exercise again, and I always push myself harder during workouts than I used to.
    Doing dips at every workout like I did push-ups last year is working great for my arms.
    Tomorrow is leg day and on Sunday I'll do back and shoulders.
    Off to see how to make changes in my upper body routines.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

20. Buttersweet

DAY 16 (75)

Last week I was feeling a bit ill so I skipped two workouts and then felt ugly and fat so I did a whole body workout on Sunday. I really pushed myself hard, but I remembered why I hate whole body workouts. It's just that every part of my body aches now. However, instead of a rest day I'll do upper body today, chest and triceps.

I've also decided to start some sort of a boot camp which should end in mid June and by that time I expect bigger changes in my appearance. So, I guess I should post starting pics some time this week.

Dips from 8,4,3 to 8,9,6 in just one workout which makes me think it's not my muscles I need to train more, it's my brain as well. Push all boundaries and sweat more - this is my goal for every workout.

I need to lose at least 3 cm in my waist which is doable in two months if I become stricter with my diet and complete all cardio workouts. I tend to skip those if I'm too tired. I'll have to give up sweets completely, no more chocolate cakes or ice-cream for me. I can substitute that with frozen cottage cheese mixed with cocoa or some fruit. Need to stop eating BEFORE I'm full.

Money's issue as always so I won't be buying new weights, and I'll have to find new ways of how to add weight. Especially for my legs. So far I've been alternating different types of squats and lunges, but that won't work for long.

Drink more water and tea, less coffee. Sleep more.

Off to plan my afternoon workout.:bb:

Have a nice week everyone!