1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

HOUSE OF PAIN - 2016

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by IROC-Z, Jan 14, 2016.

1. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

My weekend ended up being on Monday & Tuesday. Had to complete a new machine installation on Saturday and Sunday. It worked out pretty decent, because Monday was my older son's first day of summer vacation.

2. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

I've been killing my workouts. Yesterday was one of the best I've had this year. Set a PR on Hip Belt Squats and also did some Farmer's Walks with 55# block weights. Still keeping the volume low.

I saw something on FB about John Stone potentially selling or shutting down this site in the future. Anybody know what that's about? I would hate to see that happen.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

IROC, I read that also. :scared: I think a lot depends upon how demanding his new job is going to be.

Congrats on the killer workout!

4. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Been a rough week for workouts. Only managed two workouts this week, but will hit a third one tomorrow morning. Been extremely busy at work, and Wednesday was my birthday.......so of course I ate a huge dinner........and didn't workout at all that day. It was worth it!!!! I'm also pleased to report that despite my lower back issues, my axle DL is at an all-time high right now.

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Congrats on the PR!

IROC-Z likes this.
  6. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Another busy week, but still hit all 5 workouts. My cardio so far this summer has consisted of playing basketball in the driveway with my son each night for anywhere from 1 - 2 hours. On Saturdays we do sprints, burpees, and all kinds of assorted yardwork. I'm thinking that should be more than enough cardio work for me during these warm months. Hit a PR on the 2.5" revolving DL handle yesterday. Lower back has been feeling great, but I have been experiencing some soreness in my right knee. Ibuprofen really seems to help a lot, but I don't want to be taking that stuff all the time.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Another post another PR! :tucool:

8. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

It a whole lot easier to report PR's now that I'm only updating once per week!:D

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

:)

10. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Pushed my lower back really hard the past couple of weeks and it held up great. Even did some work on the yoke, which usually seems to cause some pain.....but not this time. BW has been holding steady at 230. Hope everybody is enjoying the summer!:)

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Very good news.

Summer....so far so good. :)

IROC-Z likes this.
  12. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Again, I'm guilty of not keeping this log updated. Summer has been a bit hectic and I'm going to blame it on that! Lower back is feeling great and has been completely pain-free for a couple of months now........sure hope I don't jinx anything by saying that. I am happy to report that right now I'm very close to most of my old PR's on just about every lift, so that's exactly where I was looking to be. If things continue the way they are for another 4-6 weeks, I will start looking at potential contests for the fall/winter.

On a totally different note, this is my son's first week of tackle football. He made some really decent progress in his workouts over the summer. He's up to 600+ BW squats and 100+ strict pushups per session. I'm hoping the strength/conditioning gains will give him an edge out on the field.

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Wishing your son a fine football season.

Glad all is going well with you also.

IROC-Z likes this.
  14. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Was off work this past week, so as expected, I didn't do a whole lot of fitness related activities and my food intake was awful. Going to get back at it right away on Monday morning.

My son's football season is in full swing and they played their first game of the season yesterday. They got clobbered 32-0 by the defending champion from last season. My son had high hopes of being the starting RB on his team, but unfortunately, the coaches son is firmly entrenched in that position. Because my son has so much speed, they've been playing him mostly on defense at the free safety position and he seems to be adapting well to that role. He missed a couple tackles yesterday, but he was never caught out of position.

15. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Managed six workouts this past week. Lower back is still pain-free.

My son's football team won their second game of the season on Saturday 14-0. He again played free safety for most of the game, and he looked better than last week. He's definitely getting the feel for his new position. He was extremely close to getting his first interception of the season, but just as he was about to secure the ball, one of his teammates ran into him and knocked the ball out of his hands. I told him that happens to the pros sometimes too, and he shouldn't lose any sleep over it. Practices are Monday-Friday, with games on Saturday, and then he's been hitting a workout with me on Sunday mornings.

macdiver likes this.
  16. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Just paid my entry fee for a grip contest at the end of October. It's one of those contests where they have venues worldwide and then they tally up all of the results at the end. You get to compete against athletes who are on the other side of the globe. The events aren't all that friendly to my strengths, but it should still be a fun time. The best part is that my older son is going to make the four hour trip with me. They don't have a youth class, so he won't be able to compete, but it should still be a great experience for him.

Seltzer likes this.
  17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

IROC, I wish you well competitively and I know that it's going to be a wonderful experience with your son. :tucool:

IROC-Z likes this.
  18. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

00001.jpg

Figured since I've been writing more about my son's football season than I have about fitness, I would post his picture he had taken by the team. They ended up getting beat 21-0 this past Saturday, but he made a really nice play right at the end of regulation. The team they played had a RB that was bigger than all the other kids on the field. He was running over our defenders the entire game. Right at the end of the game, they decided to hand the ball off to him one more time. He runs right over our defensive line, runs over our linebackers, and at this point, he only has one more defender to beat.......the free safety........my son. So I'm watching this all take place and I'm thinking my son is going to get absolutely flattened. My son showed no fear at all, took the right angle on the play, and put the kid on his back to end the game. It was beautiful.......and yes, I was extremely relieved that my son didn't get crushed by this kid. The best part of all was that my son offered his hand and helped the kid up after the play. Very proud dad moment!

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Great picture and a wonderful narrative!

IROC-Z likes this.
  20. volleyball

volleyball Pickled

Awesome! :tu:

IROC-Z likes this.