1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

HOUSE OF PAIN - 2016

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by IROC-Z, Jan 14, 2016.

1. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

2/24/16

Dips
    Bent Rows
    BN Press
    Triceps Pushdown
    Side Lateral Raises
    Band PA's
    Sledge Choke

Decided to put Bench Press work on the back burner for a few weeks. I've always been naturally strong at that lift, but lately I'm just not feeling it.

2. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

2/26/16

Hip Belt Squat
    1 Arm DL w/2" handle
    Axle DL
    Hub
    Sledge Levering
    Sledge Choke

BW = 227

Thick bar strength is coming around better than I had hoped for.

Won't be posting anything for the next week or so. Going to spend some family time in the sun. I'm not a big believer in the concept of "deload" weeks, but that's what this next week is going to be for me. Not going be touching a barbell or dumbbell at all, and hoping I can come back a little stronger for the following week.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Have a great vacation!

4. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

have a great vacay!

5. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Thanks! We had a great time. We were there for 5 nights/6 days and it wasn't nearly long enough to take in everything Disney has to offer, but we did a lot of fun stuff. My boys both want to move to FL......:evil:

I left at 227lbs and weighed in this morning at 232lbs. I'm figuring that's not too bad considering I ate and drank just about anything and everything. Not to mention my sodium intake was probably off the charts. Back to regular workouts tomorrow morning. Also going to check my blood pressure today, just to see where it's at.:eek:

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Glad the vacation went so well.

7. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Sounds like a good week. The sounds should come off as quickly as they were gained.

Where do you live. If it is cold then of course your kids want to move where it is warm.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Mac, he lives in Wisconsin.

Nice pictures of the family on FB IROC!

9. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Thanks guys, it was a great vacation. This was not my first time in Florida, but it was my first time at Disney, and I would definitely like to go back again in the near future.

Paul is correct, I live in WI. The thing my older son didn't consider when he talked about moving to a warmer climate, is the fact that he loves snowmobiling more than just about any other activity he does. He certainly wouldn't be doing any of that in FL.......:p

10. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

3/7/16

Squat
    Block Weights
    2HP
    Plate Curl
    Wrist Roller

3/8/16

Bike
    Jump Rope
    DB Curls
    Speed Bag
    Extensor Bands

BW = 229

11. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

3/9/16

BW Squats
    Bench Press
    Bent Rows
    Triceps Pushdowns
    DB Side Lateral Raise
    Band PA's

Interesting fact. So far this week, I have been weaker in all my workouts than I was prior to taking the week off for vacation. This is exactly why I don't believe in deload weeks or taking full weeks off from training. It's not that I lost any muscle or strength during the seven days I didn't train, it's more related to the fact that I always come back flat after taking a break. Next week will be better......

12. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

3/10/16

Stretching/Hip Mobility
    Jump Rope
    Speed Bag
    Powerball
    Extensor Bands

3/11/16

Hip Belt Squat
    1 Arm DL - w/2.5" handle
    Axle
    Sledge Lever
    Sledge Choke

Lower back was not having the Axle work today. Not that I'm in pain or anything like that, but I can tell that my back is still not at 100%. It almost felt like I was one wrong move away from another 6 weeks of zero training. I've grown to despise that feeling.

In other fitness related news, today I ordered a pair of custom 1.5" revolving DL handles that I plan to use for all of my future cable work (curls, lateral raises, front raises, rows, etc.). I also put money down on another Inch DB replica that will hopefully be delivered sometime around the middle of May.

13. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

3/14/16

Squat
    Pistols
    Block Weights
    2HP
    Wrist Curls
    Wrist Roller
    Sledge Choke

Felt very strong today. Wonder if that had anything to do with the 5000 calories I consumed????:eek:

14. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

3/15/16

Bunch of stretching and prehab stuff

3/16/16

Bench Press
    Grippers
    Bent Rows
    Dips
    Pushdowns
    Side Lateral Raises
    Band PA's

Felt like a monster in the gym again today. I was averaging 3,000 calories per day prior to this week, but bumped up to the 4,000 - 5,000 range for the past few days and I feel way stronger.

15. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

3/18/16

Hip Belt Squat
    1 Arm DL - 2.5" handle
    Mini Inch (timed holds)
    Hub
    Sledge Lever
    Sledge Choke

Very solid week of workouts. Feeling real close to 100% in all areas other than lower back. That's still an issue and it will probably continue to be a problem for quite a while. At this point, I'm considering not competing in May and waiting for a contest in fall. That would give me another six months of rehab on my lower back. If I do go that route, my expectations will be much higher......I was looking to finish someplace in the middle of the pack in May, but if I hold off until fall, my goal will be a top three finish. I'm going to give this more thought before making a final decision.:confused:

16. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

3/21/16

As great as last weeks workouts were, today's was completely awful. Started with squats and they felt strong, but it was all downhill from there. Not even going to bother listing it here.

Today marks 3.5 years since I lost my mom to a horrible disease and that's been weighing on me all day.

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

The workout was an outlier. Forget about it. I know easier said than done.

More importantly, I empathize with you concerning the loss of your mother. Last week was the 28th anniversary of my mother's passing.

I hope today's a better one for you in all respects.

18. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

:eat: i bet!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

--------------------------------------------------

good luck deciding whether to go with the may comp or wait it out. :gl:

19. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Big thanks to both of you for the kind words and the support. It definitely means a lot to me.:)

Today I did some cardio, stretching and prehab stuff. Nothing exciting at all.

Totally unrelated to fitness, but more of a life thing. Last night my wife received word that one of her close childhood friends passed away after being involved in a car accident earlier in the day. Very sad. She was only 44 years old. Live every day to the fullest......

20. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

3/23/16

Grippers
    Bench Press
    Bent Rows
    Pushdowns
    Side Lateral Raises
    Band PA's

Today's workout felt 100% better than Monday's disaster. Even bench press felt pretty good and that's generally been giving me fits for the past couple months. My goal with the BP is to get back to my previous 20 rep PR. If I can actually pull that one off is a whole different story.......

Thought I'd post a picture of my favorite set of DB's. 90% of my DB work is done with these. I try my best to make almost every exercise work my grip in one way or another.

Attached Files: