1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

HOUSE OF PAIN - 2016

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by IROC-Z, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm interested in seeing your set up, but can't help you with picture posting since I haven't done it a long time.

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

The way I upload pictures is when posting next to the post reply button is an upload file button. I click there then browse for the picture and upload. I have to use my phone for this as the pictures are not on my tablet. You will get a choice for full size or thumbnail.

3. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

I'm still not able to add a picture to my posts. Very strange. I used to upload pictures all the time.

Anyway, my new set up for doing partial DL's is working great. I've used it 3 times now, and have had no issues at all.

dejavued likes this.
  4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Todd, I uploaded a picture a week or so ago for the first time in a long time and found the procedure much "clunkier" than what used to be the protocol. I'm short of time right now, but I'll try to figure out what I did and relate it.

Glad you've found a way to DL without issues.

Lastly, have a great Father's Day!

IROC-Z likes this.
  5. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Being a fellow back-sufferer - so glad your work-outs are going so well. I am amazed- given what I've been dealing with lately, that working out properly helps a lot...

IROC-Z likes this.
  6. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

As usual, I haven't logged workouts all summer. Still been hitting the gym almost daily, though. My strength levels have been fantastic as of late, in fact, I'm almost feeling like my workouts have been too good to be true. Kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop...….

My son (now 14 years old), has been working out twice per week. I still have him on a steady diet of squats and pushups. For squats, he's mainly doing them with a hip belt and squatting off blocks for a greater range of movement. I also do lots of hip belt squats, and I've found that whatever weight you're using for reps on regular back squats, you can use about half that weight with the hip belt. My son is currently using 80 lbs. for sets of 40-50 reps with the hip belt, so I'm thinking he should be somewhere in the range of 160 lbs. for reps if he was doing back squats.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Holy cow, that's a lot of squat reps. He's strong with a lot of muscle endurance.

Nice to read that your workouts are going so well. :-)

8. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Even though you are not posting, good to hear you are still lifting. Often silence here means the person quit working out.

Your son squats more than me. :bb:

9. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Thanks guys! The reason my workouts have been going so well, is because my lower back issues haven't flared up in several months. I'm really hoping I finally have that under control.

My son really digs the higher rep stuff, especially when it comes to squats. He says he likes the burn he feels when he stays in that 40-50 rep range. It's certainly not ideal for building strength, but it's definitely not going to hurt him either. Whenever he hits 50 reps, we add 2.5 lbs. the next workout, and we work back up to 50 again. That's his system, and he enjoys the heck out of it!

dejavued likes this.