1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

HOUSE OF PAIN - 2016

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by IROC-Z, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Hi LSC! :wave:

IROC, wishing you well with your training and for the results you want in the competition.

IROC-Z likes this.
  2. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Yes, he's 12 already! Where did that time go?

How have you been? Where have you been? The last time we spoke, you said you were coming back here soon...........

3. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

I talked a while back about having issues with a sprained finger. Well, that injury just continued to get worse until I was at a point where I couldn't even hold onto a barbell. For the past two weeks I've kept all upper body stuff out my workouts, and the injury is beginning to feel better. I'm guessing it's going to be at least another week, if not two more weeks, before I can even think about holding a barbell in that hand. Been doing lots of hip belt squats and lots of cardio.......

4. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Started back with some light upper body workouts this week. Hand injury is still not 100%, but it feels good enough that I could at least get some work done. Been focusing on more cardio too. Mainly biking and boxing.

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Glad you're feeling better than you were.

Boxing, as in hitting heavy and light bags?

6. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Thanks, Paul!

No heavy bags. That would not be a good thing for my injury. Been sticking strictly to the speed bag.

7. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Back to 100% with the hand injury and it's been full speed ahead with my workouts for the past couple of weeks. Didn't seem to lose much strength at all with the lighter workouts, so that was a definite plus.

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Nice to read that!

9. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Still at it. My wife had major surgery, so for the past couple of weeks, I've been off work to help her out. I did manage to hit most of my workouts during these two weeks, so that's helped keep my bodyweight where I want it to be. Been holding steady at 230 for a while now, but I'm planning to drop another 5 lbs. once I get back on my normal work schedule.

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for your wife.

11. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Ditto this.

12. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Thank guys, I appreciate it! She's doing quite well, less pain each day.

On a different note, my dad had a stroke on Friday morning. I stayed with him in the hospital all day Friday and most of Saturday. The stroke affected the left side of his body; mainly his face , hand, arm, and foot. Luckily, by last night he had regained full use of his arm and foot. Still has numbness and tingling in his face and hand, but the doctor said that could take up to 3 months to come back. Doc said he was extremely lucky things weren't any worse. They put him on blood pressure and cholesterol meds, and they also want him to start taking a full size aspirin every morning.

I hit a shoulders/arms workout this morning.

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Glad your wife is doing well and obviously I'm saddened to read about your father. Scary stuff!

IROC-Z likes this.
  14. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Seems like your father caught the stroke early enough to get to the hospital for treatment before it got worse. Wishing him a full recovery as well.

IROC-Z likes this.
  15. IROC-Z

IROC-Z Raw Bench Daddy

Wow, can't believe it's been five weeks since I last posted. Summer is just flying by! My dad is recovering quite nicely from his stroke. Other than some numbness in his left thumb and the tips of his left fingers, he seems to have regained everything he lost. I've been hitting the gym four times per week, and I'm kind of in maintenance mode right now. In other words, I'm just trying to maintain my strength levels through the summer, and then I plan to start hitting it harder again in fall. Hope everybody is enjoying the summer weather!

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Nice to read that your father's recovery is going well.