1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Hoping Someone Can Help

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by Mjhjea, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Mjhjea

Mjhjea New Member

Hi, new to the forum. I'm hoping there is someone on here that is familiar with Fitness Gear smith machines ( originally branded and sold by Dick's). I bought a used one a couple of weeks ago and some linear ball bearings came out of the bar holder during reassembly. Does anyone know who actually made this piece of equipment? Or where I can find parts for it? Dick's is unable to help me at all, and I've reached nothing but dead-ends on-line. I'm not sure where to go from here, but the machine is still fully functionable. It's just not as smooth as it was designed to be ( I retrieved 21 tiny ball bearings that fell on the floor). Any advice or direction on where to find parts/service would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about just trying myself to put the ball bearings back into the internal sleeve, if that's even possible. Thanks, Mark

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Unfortunately I don't know anything about this brand of equipment. However, my experience with putting bearings back together is to use a lot if heavy lubricating grease to hold the needles in place while you put it back together.