1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Home Gym Questions

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by FightClub888, May 17, 2009.

1. FightClub888

FightClub888 Active Member

I am moving into my new home (from an Apartment) in a couple of months and I am going to setup a home gym. Right now I am using an adjustable bench and a hex dumbells to workout with in my small apartment.
    I plan to get a power rack, olympic barbell / plates.
    My question is, where are you guys buying your flooring for your home gyms? I want to get the rubber flooring for the whole room.
    Where is the best place to buy those? What is involved in covering your whole floor? I assume you need to cut them to size, do they need to be glued down or does the weight hold them in place? Any tips, advice, etc. on setting up the floor would be greatly appreciated. I want to have the whole floor neatly covered.
    Also, I want to setup some large mirrors on the walls, any places to buy/order with good deals on that? I hear glassless mirrors are a pretty good option due to them being so light weight.
    Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions.

2. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

I used the interlocking rubber mats you can get at Lowe's or Home Depot. They are 2' X2' each and are very easy to put down. No glue, just fit them together and you're good to go.

3. malnar

malnar Active Member

Check the links to John Stone's Home Gym - he has a good overview of his equipment through the years and IIRC, lists the flooring & glassless mirror sources.

4. RV8

RV8 Active Member

I think this would be a good choice for a glassless mirror:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=21314&product%5Fid=9926

Clear is the same as any old everyday glass bathroom mirror. I have a 1' x 2' pc. I bought a couple years ago so I can attest to its clarity. Price is reasonable too. 4' x 8' x 1/8" = $212....... 4' x 4' x 1/8" = $119

Clips:

http://custom-glassworks.com/plastic-mirror-clips-and-screws.html

You can get these at Home Depot or Lowes too.

5. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    For "glassless" mirrors, keep your eye out for the sliding doors they often use for bedroom closets. They are lightweight, good sized (mine were 4' x 6', and can be found for cheap (if not free) on Craigslist.

6. RV8

RV8 Active Member

Those are not glassless.