1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Hip pain from Squats...?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by SCHTEEVIE, Feb 18, 2004.

1. SCHTEEVIE

SCHTEEVIE Well-Known Member

I have been squating for almost 6 months now (once a week on a 4 day split)

and this past couple weeks I have had a slight nagging hip pain - it is subtle, but still - it can't be good... can it?

I don't know if it is my hip flexor muscles or the joint itself. the pain is slight - more of an iritation. it is there most of the time, but most pronounced after doing a set of squats; I notice it after the lifting when I try to walk out of the rack - it is only sort of when my weight is taken off of each leg that I feel the slight hip pain after each step...
    does that sound like a joint thing or a muscle thing?

I dunno...? it is weird.

(note to john - maybe we need a "traing related injuries" forum for this type of topic?)

2. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Hi Schteevie,

Its good youve noticed it know because you can do something about it before it progresses into somehing thats gonna haunt you. If youve been squating for six months injury free I wouldnt imagine it would be a result of poor technique or poor flexibility.

Take 2-3 weeks off squats and if it doesnt go away go and see a physiotherapist (I think you guys might call them Physical Therpapsts). Theyll knwo how to diagnose it and then how to properly rehabilitate it (a Dr wouldnt know how).

Marcus :tucool:

3. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

I've never had any kind of pain like that, so i'd definatly rest up for a bit and see if it goes, if not get it checked out.

4. Banditfist

Banditfist Well-Known Member

I have had the same kind of pain that you are describing for the past 2-3 years. It really does not matter what the weight that I am doing.

I have not thought it serious enough to see a doctor about. I just bear through the pain an keep hitting the weights.

But that is not what I am suggesting to you.

5. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

get someone that knows how to do squats to show you how to do them properly. and get them to critque your current form.

if the problem persists, or stays.. go see a physiotherapist