1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

HIIT Heavy Bag for Cardio/Fat Loss

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by TonySoprano, Jun 24, 2015.

1. TonySoprano

TonySoprano Active Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted your thoughts and opinion on something. Basically I'm 27 and around 6 ft and 230...so I need to lose about 50 lbs or so...back a few years ago I used these forums and was all the way down to 175 and in the best shape of my life...but ever since I stepped into the corporate world of working sedentary 11-12 hours a day I have gained most of it back.

I have joined one of those 24 hour fitness gyms but I always get discouraged because A) I feel like I never have the time with my work schedule and B) I don't enjoy weight lifting right now since I am so out of shape

I did the cardio at night for about a month but it was very boring.

What I'm thinking of doing is getting a heavy bag stand and a 100 lb heavy bag with some gloves and doing HIIT 3 min rounds and 1 min rest for an hour in the morning before work.

I enjoy boxing very much and I really think it will be a lot more fun to me than just running.

I'm not asking if it is the most effective method of weight loss...but I just want to know if it will be a decent form of cutting combined with a good diiet.

Anyone ever try that before?

Eventually I will incorporate weights when I get down under 200 to add muscle but I just want something fun that I will look forward to because with my work schedule its hard to find the motivation to do activities I don't enjoy.

Any fault in the reasoning? I would appreciate any feedback or opinions. Especially for people who have tried this before.

Thanks all and I look forward to learning from you guys again and getting back in shape.

2. volleyball

volleyball Pickled

That goes without saying. :nod:

I've used a heavy bag and the rounds routine for cardio before, and it wipes me out. It has the added benefit of allowing you to release a little aggression. :evil:

3. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

It may or may not work. I would always recommend weight training and well thought out diet to retain lean mass and drop fat, with some HIIT cardio added in on top.

Let us know how you get on.