1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

hey guys & apology

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Jono, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

unfortunatly in the past some of my posts have been a bit to direct and have offended members of this site. i apologize for my actions, they were uncalled for and clearly have no place on this site.

im in the same boat as everyone on this site, i am no different than anyone on this site. i love health and fitness, and helping make a positive difference in my life and others.

i have read a post or something about me "plagerizing" something from ast-ss.com. i found that very shocking actually. but i guess when your not in my shoes it seems pretty strange. probably hard or silly to understand, but i edited that post making things lower case lettering and maybe even changed some things around so it read better to me? almost like a pet peve of mine where i need to make everything lowercase. can't remember, but i did not claim to say that was my actual words, but i guess that is silly to say because i posted it, modified it and did not indicate the source. lesson learned, next time i'll save myself the trouble and just link it right to the source, no biggie at all

regardless of my age, im not here to offend or act like i know everything and knock people down for what they beleive. there is no place or need for that, especially on a forum like this where everyone shares the same common goal.

i've also read somewhere that i have an agenda or something along those lines. i do have an agenda actually. i want to take kinesology or physiology along with nutritional science in the future. i want to learn as much as i can now, helping other along the way. my goal in life is to become an athletic trainer, a very serious one. training the best and greatest in the world.

also the fact that im 19 (in a few days) shouldn't really play a role in how people view my "inteligence" and what have you. the actions and words should clearly indiciate that, and in the past in some cases my actions were not thoughful and infact insulted some members on this forum.

my friend whom i consulted with frequently about nutrition and training is a very bright and intelligent fellow. his own personal transformation speaks marvels of his know how. im just here to share my experiance and knowledge i have gathered from him, body builders, latest research and the alike.

again i apolgize for those who i have upset or ofended in the past. i shall make a strong commitment to make my posts more clear, constructive and helpful. john has a great site here, an awsome site. i just cant stand the thought that i was actually one to upset members on this forum, johns site at that. in a way its almost an insult and lack of respect towards john himself. and i apolgize to you, along with the other members.

unfortunatly there may already be a bad taste in some peoples mind regarding myself. as unfortunate as that may be, the past cannot be changed. however, the future can. and i shall do my best to make that a more prodcutive future.

i wish everyone the best on this site with their goals, we're all in this for the same reason.

summer time is almost here, six packs and washboards are getting ready to show up on the beach in no time :)

:bb: :eat:

2. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought you disappeared off the face of the earth!

Anyway, I never found your posts offensive, just arrogant. Can I complain? I guess not, I am known to be VERY arrogant on other message boards I participate in, but that's usually because it deals with issues that I am right about! haha Unfortunately, when it comes to Health and Fitness, there are almost NO concrete answers. So many things are still being debated among the professionals, so certainly we are at no place to say which is THE way to or not to do something.

We are all entitled to our opinions and I think it's great to share them. Just make sure you "leave the door open" for the possibility that perhaps there is a "better" way or at least for a specific person it may be different.

Anyways, my little "speech" was not directed at you, just commenting on the subject in general since it relates to your post.

Welcome back and I look forward to hearing from you on the forums! :tu: (I really need to learn the text shortcuts for some other smilies...)

3. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Well-Known Member

Live and learn. It had to be tough to write that. Welcome back!

4. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Lifetime Platinum Membership
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Welcome back, Jono :cool:

5. SCHTEEVIE

SCHTEEVIE Well-Known Member

is today "un-ban people day"? :p

6. Evil Hx Coupe

Evil Hx Coupe Well-Known Member

Good to have to back man! :tu:

7. zamboni

zamboni Well-Known Member

heh

Takes a lot of balls to write something like that. Props to you and welcome back.

8. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Welcome back Jono :tu:

I didnt notice that you posted any offensive material, strong opinions maybe but hey everyone has an opinion and there nothing wrong with expressing them. I guess people can force their opinions on others (I occassionaly have to bite my tongue to prevent this) but at least it shows passion.

Marcus :tucool: