1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey girls :)

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by map200uk, Jan 27, 2004.

1. map200uk

map200uk Well-Known Member

Hey,

Yea im not a female, but a friend of mine wants to lose weight and asked for my help, as im not trying to lose weight , im bulking i am unsure of what to tell her :(

I know there are lots of fat burners available, but what would be good to get her weight down ?

HIIT seemed like it could be a good idea

any help is appreciated

btw if you dont want me posting here as im a guy...i am sorry!

Mark

2. BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty Well-Known Member

Hi Mark,

Advise her to adopt a balanced, health diet that is high in protein, complex carbs but low in saturated fats. She will also need to do 4-5 days of cardio each week as well as 2-3 resistance training sessions a week too.

Fat burners help, but only in conjunction with regular exercise and a healthy diet as suggested above.

3. map200uk

map200uk Well-Known Member

4 - 5 days of cardio, for how long each time? Sorry for so many questions:)

Resistance training with low weights yea? As she isnt looking to well you know be the next Ms Olympia or anything lol
    =]

Thanks

Mark!
    :)

4. BlackBeauty

BlackBeauty Well-Known Member

At least 30-45 minutes each time to achieve fat burning. She can incorporate intervals or do things like increasing the load or incline as it becomes easier - perhaps 4-5 weeks in.

I believe that females should not be frightened of using heavy weights. I lift heavy weights and do not look like Ms.Olympia....there is a common misunderstanding among females and males that females lifting heavy weights will bulk. Not true at all - in fact, it's quite difficult if not impossible without supplementation of steroids etc. For a weight-training program, it's best if she see a personal trainer to tailor program to her. When I first started, I simply read through a lot of Women's Muscle & Fitness and Slimming magazines (that we get in Australia) and wrote my own program based upon their recommended exercises, sets and reps.