1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes on NBC

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by bgh74, Dec 5, 2006.

1. bgh74

bgh74 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else watching this show? I think it is GREAT and can't get enough of it.

I think it is the second best show on TV right now behind LOST. I love serial type shows where everything is not resolved in 30 mins or an hour.

What do you all think about it?

2. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I like it a lot. I've been watching since the pilot. Too bad the next episode isn't until the end of January.

The only other show I watch is Smallville, which hasn't been so great this past season.

3. bgh74

bgh74 Well-Known Member

I watch Smallville also and I think it has been better this year than last.

I like the Green Arrow character. Did you see that episode 11 is going to be called "Justice" and it is going to have Green Arrow, Aqua Man, Cyborg and Flash? It should be pretty cool.

4. Monkey0ne

Monkey0ne Well-Known Member

I like Heros too. I need to catch a marathon or something because I started on the second episode and only caught a few episodes since.

I have seasons 1-4 of Smallville on DVD, need to get 5 and have only seen maybe 4 episodes this season.

I kinda like Supernatural too. It has that X-Files type of feel to it. There was another show on the SciFi Channel like Heros and Smallville. It's called the 4400. My friend started getting me into it a little, but I only seen 4 or 5 episodes.

5. bgh74

bgh74 Well-Known Member

I think I watch too much TV ;-) I love the 4400 also and its on USA during the summer months.

6. Sent

Sent Well-Known Member

I think all the LOST writers left and went to Heroes, cause I love it. I accidentaly caught an episode then downloaded all of them and watched the latest one yesterday. Good stuff :claplow:

7. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

There was a marathon on Sci-Fi on November 29th for people who missed them. :(

I like Season 5 (with Fine, etc.). Season 4 (with the three stones and the witches) was largely ridiculous -- at least the supernatural witch angle.

// SPOILERS (not upcoming):

What makes me not like this season as much is that story is no longer about Clark. He's in an in-between time where he's not really needed by his friends anymore as Superman, but hasn't yet decided to branch out and help the rest of the world. So, basically, he's just been sitting on his ass as he haphazardly tries to get rid of the Phantoms he accidently released. As a result, we've been hearing all about what the supporting cast is up to and, frankly, I don't really care what they're doing. Lex and Lana? :sleep: (I'm also growing to be unable to stand Kristin Kreuk's cookie-cutter performances or the disasters that turn up when she actually needs to act.) So, the point when story returns to Clark is when I think I'm going to really be able to get back into it. The upcoming episode Justice seems like the point where this is going to start and, when he goes to finish his training with Jor-El, the point where it really gets good -- though that very well may end up off-screen after the season finale. :bang:

8. bgh74

bgh74 Well-Known Member

I like looking at Lana, but that is about it.

Personally I'm a Chloe guy :tucool:

But back to Heroes...

Spoiler Space incase you haven't seen last nights episode.

What did you think about Sylar and Eden? How was he able to break out of the room? My personal theory was that he used his Magneto powers on the gun that Eden had to break the glass... but that is just a guess. Everything else in the room was either plastic or glass so that is the only thing I can come up with.

9. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

Lost and Heroes are my two favorite shows.

My theory....(dont read if you havnt seen the latest Heroes)

I think Sylar was able to get out becasue the Hatian guy wasnt around to block Sylars powers. I also believe that Eden took her own life (gun shot) so that Sylar could not take her "power of persuasion".

10. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

// SPOILERS:

He's telekinetic, I believe, so it didn't matter that the gun was metal (Magneto wouldn't be a good comparison).

Eden had the gun in her hand and it was there when he grabbed her, so he couldn't have used his telekinesis to pull the gun through as that would have ripped it out of her hand. I believe he just pulled her through the window.

Every other time we've seen him in there, Mr. Bennet was there and, presumably, the Hatian just outside which explains why he couldn't pull him through the window in the same way -- the Hatian being some sort of power drain as well as being able to erase people's memories. If that's true then he would still be able to use his power when the Hatian was gone in order to break out so, therefore, the cell must be designed somehow so that he wouldn't be able to do so. If the window was plexiglass and everything was built / bolted into the ground then there were no external objects strong enough for him to break it with as he could do with Eden's body, but this doesn't explain why he wouldn't be able to cut through it like he cut through the skulls of his victims.

If we knew more about the limitations of his powers, we'd probably know why he remained trapped in there.

:confused:

I haven't read this week's graphic novel / comic on the site yet though, which might explain it.

#10 chicanerous, Dec 5, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  11. bgh74

bgh74 Well-Known Member

I just found this out on NBC.com

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=717561

Interesting thread about that whole deal. Thinking that there is some sort of "shield" around the room that kept him from not using his powers, not the Hatian, I think he just inhibits mental powers.

Some cool screen shots in there of her punching stuff on two keypads.

Eden had to turn it off so she could use her powers on Sylar and in that moment Sylar knew it and then tried to get her before she killed herself.

Did any of you go out and look at the Graphic Novel? It shows what happens after the last scene in the episode!!

12. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

I haven't checked out the Heroes comics for the simple reason that I obsess enough over Lost. I promissed myself I wouldnt let Heroes get to me also..so I just keep to the show and some simple "water cooler" discussion at work.

On a side note, both these shows leave me feeling so ABUSED!! There should be some kind of law against the cliff hangers they leave the show on. Its just not fair!!!!! :mad:

13. JKulp42757

JKulp42757 Well-Known Member

YES I DID! I couldn't wait till January, so I took a peek!

For anyone who wants to find out what happens right after the last episode ended, here's the graphic novel for this episode: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads/Heroes_novel_011.pdf

14. lostmind

lostmind Well-Known Member

Heroes is my favorite show. Lost is my second... but lost has been getting a bit silly...

I used to like 24, but that got ridiculous!

15. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

That's like what happened to Alias. It was great before it got moronically goofy.

16. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Which happened about the time that JJ started working on Lost it seemed to me.

Of course, the whole Rambaldi thing always annoyed me, but I could deal with it up to a point.

I still like 24. It's always been silly logically, but interesting all the same.

17. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

It was the end of season 3/season 4 Rambaldi'ness that made it insane...in the "stupid" sense of the word.

I stopped watching part way through season 4 because it was just...boring. I should probably finish it, though, I'm sure I'd enjoy it if I gave it a chance.

18. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

I couldn't stop once I'd investigated all that time. It was kinda like watching Twin Peaks spiral into insanity. I didn't always enjoy it, but it sure was interesting to watch to see how far down the toilet bowl it would go.

19. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

same reason I've stopped watching <insert show name I refuse to mention here>...just got too stupid

it's too bad when good shows go to hell like that

20. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

I love heros, plus that cheerleader is SUPER DUPER HOT.