1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Here is the result of my 5 month program...

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by inurb, Mar 30, 2004.

1. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

removed

#1 inurb, Mar 30, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  2. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Wow! that's awesome. :tu: totally different. as far as your question, I think a really clean diet along with weight training will get you there. I am not very knowledgable about putting on muscle. But for Diet check out the sticky post in the nutrition forum and for weight training there is lots of info in the weight training forum, but hopefully someone who knows more will post how to bulk.

3. Pico

Pico Well-Known Member

you lost it before, you can do it again if you want to :D

4. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words. I am currently browsing this newly discovered forum... Its weird because now that I've lost some weight I fear putting it back on. Even though any weight gain I will see will probably be muscle I still get ansy.

I actually threw my scale in the closet today, just because I dont want to see my lbs go up. Hey if I get fat again at least this time around I will know how to lose it. Dropping weight is easy, putting on muscle is much harder imo. :)

5. teencraft

teencraft Well-Known Member

Inurb you're cut, start taking creatine, you'll def see some MAD improvements, and each pound onyou will seriously stick out and look L-E-A-N

6. agn105

agn105 Well-Known Member

how do you not have the loose skin? its plaguing me

7. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

Yeah I was pretty surprised that I didn't have too much loose skin left over....plenty of stretchmarks but minimal loose skin. I believe the key to the loose skin is genetics and lots of water. The more water your skin can hold the more elasticity it retains. At least that's what I hear.

8. Teg4e

Teg4e Well-Known Member

Hey, the pics look great man, you might wanna make a post in the picture thread about this.

To gain muscle without getting fat, pull your scale out of the closet and weight yourself once a week. Track the weight and aim to gain about a pound per week. If you do it right, that pound may be entirely muscle. Add or subtract calories if you're not getting the results you want. You're very lean now, though, and it wouldn't look fat even if you added 10 or 15 pounds of fat to your current physique.

Some fat gain is inevitable for most people, so don't sweat it. You obviously know how to cut fat. Just make a max waist measurement or body fat %, and bulk until you reach that. I'm not as ripped as you, and I'm gonna bulk until my waist hits 36", which is semi-fat.

9. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

36 inch waist doesn't seem to be "fat" in my book. How tall are you? My waist is a 36 right now. I used to be a 44, with me now being a 36 I couldn't imagine going much smaller. :d_confuse

10. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

You've made great strides on getting rid of fat man! great work :tu: ..now the hard part-to add mass.

I'd like to see photos from the back and sides to get a better picture of your overall physique. Judging from the front shot, it looks like you're doing a lot of pushing work and not too much legs or pulling. I'm a few inches shorter than you, but I know that being tall means you have to fixate on preventing the shoulders from sloping forward.

I can't tell if you have any lat development, and your traps are flared out a little unnaturally in your pose so it's hard to tell how they would look when you stand normally.

If you're worried about getting fat again-just take things slowly. You don't have to have a bulking mentality. I've been doing fine over the last few months by eating a steady 2,000-2,500 calories and lifting 4x/week. As you build up your lats your waist will appear smaller-and 36" is not a big waist for someone your height-it's about right.

The only way you'll get fat again is if you stop visiting this site and forget about why you wanted to lose the weight in the first place. When you get your motivation right, something just clicks and your old habits just kind of slip away.

11. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Wow, Great job on the weight loss! Another amazing transformation. :tu:

You will probably gain some amount of fat as you bulk, but you can minimize it by continuing to eat clean, healthy foods. Don't worry about the little bit of fat you add - you can drop 10-15 pounds in no time and you'll look great when you are done. Take it slow and don't over-eat, but be sure you are giving your body enough fuel to build muscles. Work hard in the gym, eat plenty of protein, get plenty of rest and get your post-workout nutrition down and you'll be packing on the mass before you know it. Of course this is over-simplified, so do your research but those basic principals should get you pointed in the right direction.

12. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

removed

#12 inurb, Jun 28, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  13. cederron

cederron Well-Known Member

I'm not a pro at bulking but
    i personally think 230 lbs is too high, if you started at 190 then set your goal at 210 then do a cut and see if you have gained muscle or not. if you have done the whole thing right then continue doing this way or set a goal higher than +20 pounds but i won't do it.

14. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

So your suggesting a cut phase before I reach 230? I am 6' 4" so I think I can carry 230lbs well if it is mostly muscle. I plan on having a very low bf once I reach that stage. It just sucks that I am gaining fat along with muscle right now.

15. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

How much do you currently weigh? You look much better than you did at 190 by the way, IMO. At your height it's tough to fill out that fast, so MaxOT must be working well for you.

16. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

I weight 210 right now. And I think I look much better as well, I am definitely more stronger and I fill out my shirts much better than before. I don't know if you can tell, but if you look at my left arm you can see that is much longer than the right. That is why my right arm and my left trap are much larger. It sucks but I try to do my best when I lift. Also i wear 39" sleeves so I have very long arms which doesn't help me at all. It sucks being tall.
    Thanks

17. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

I'm not quite as tall as you, but I know how you feel. If you're tall and naturally a little skinny, it's almost impossible to have arms that look big. But I think tall people can make up for that in the back and shoulders-it's easier for those bodyparts to look good because you can add size without looking blocky like a shorter person would with big lats or delts.

18. cederron

cederron Well-Known Member

im 6'4 also, we look too skiny when cutted but with some pounds of muscle you will look like really powerful!

what i'm suggesting is that dont do a long time bulk or set a high goal where you end with a lot of fat , since it's your first bulk from a low bf try a short bulk and then cut back, you have to end with the same bf but with more weight( from muscles ), if it doesn't work you know you have done something wrong and you have not wasted a lot of time.

remember you gain muscle when bulking but you lost it when cutting so the balance has to be positive.

19. inurb

inurb Well-Known Member

You make a lot of sense. Let me reach 215 and then I will start a cutting phase, because I think you are right. If I get to 230 and its mostly fat I will be very dissapointed. Thing is I'm not really sure how to cut correctly. I just decrease a couple hundred calories daily and include hit three times a week? I read the bulking sticky over and over, I just need to find a decent outline for cutting. Max ot has an example of it I should read that. Thanks !!!

20. seeDerekNow

seeDerekNow Well-Known Member

The muscle that you've gained definitely over-rides whatever fat you have accumulated. Your before-picture and your current picture are like night and day. You can tell that in your before picture, you were mostly fat and it showed all over your body. In your current pic, while you gained a litte fat around the waist, you can definitely see that the fat has accumulated differently this time. The significant muscularity in your chest, arms, and shoulders more than offsets the little bit of fat around your waist. With all that extra muscle, it should be that much more easier to burn off the fat during your next cutting cycle. Once you shed that small layer of fat, you will look totally ripped! :tu:

One more thing - now that you're a pro in cutting, you should be able to do it in no time, so I wouldnt sweat the fat gain.