1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by glamgrrl, Feb 3, 2004.

1. glamgrrl

glamgrrl Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, you guys all seem so knowledgeble maybe you can help me out. I am 5'5'' and was last weighed in at 170 lbs. This is the heaviest that I have ever been and it is killing me. I have no idea how to start or where to start a program for weight loss. I felt the best and looked healthy when I was 130 and would ultimately like to get back there. I have never dieted or really worked out other than rec sports but I will take whatever advice you guys can give. I love junk food but know that its really really really bad for me! :o I also know that I probably am not getting enough protein since I have been a vegetarian for about 4 years, so what type of supplements and vitamins should i be taking? I was looking at johns plan and its rather overwhelming for a newcomer like me, who has no idea what all those things like cutting and stuff mean...please help ! :p

2. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

This is probably a larger question than can be addressed in a forum thread. You might start by picking up a book like Body for Life. A book like that will explain a lot of the basics you're looking for.