1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with guetto gym workout

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by rubito, Jul 18, 2012.

1. rubito

rubito Active Member

Hi everyone,I wanted to star out again at this park,I use to do 12 pull ups,but I left the park to join a gym(wrong choise for me,but maybe not for others) and I felt weak at the gym,so I am starting out here again.

Can someone help me out with a routine? I ask because on youtube there a alot of these dudes that are really strong and do crazy stuff on these parks and I am not sure if they really traine there of they go to a gym and then they show off there,thanks for the reply.

I uploaded a pic of the place.
    I found a video explaining a little bit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7-SO7TsoE&feature=player_embedded#!
    But he doesnt explain if I should do it everyday,3 times a week,if thats the proper pull up(i do it wider).

Attached Files:

• t.jpg
      t.jpg
      File size:
      76.1 KB
      Views:
    #1 rubito, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. Blighty

Blighty Active Member

In the pull up, you could have your hands at different distances apart to target different parts of the muscles. But, if you want to do just one hand position it's probably better to keep them about shoulder width apart.

I would say it's better to do multiple sets - 3, 4, 5, or more. I usually aim for about 30 reps in total for pull ups. I'm currently doing L-pull ups (you keep your legs straight out in front of you for the whole time) which are much harder.

LittlebeastM on youtube has some interesting routines. He also uses the name LittlebeastMtraining. But his style is not for everyone because he goes to failure and seems to train every day. He recently tore a biceps tendon. But he has done some very impressive things such as double bodyweight pull ups and dips.

My ideal routine would be pull ups, dips, press ups (push ups in the USA), horizontal rowing, handstand press ups, inverted pull ups if you can find a bar safe enough to do them on, L-sits for the abs, single-leg squats and single-leg Romanian deadlifts. Bodyweight to start with and then adding weight in the form of dumbbells, backpack, weight belt or weight vest.

The inverted pull ups I mean are those that look like an upsidedown dip.

I probably wouldn't do every exercise in every training session.
    If you can't do handstand press ups, you could start with partials or negatives or do pike press ups.

Two or three times a week should be enough.

I haven't tried it but supersetting is popular and saves time.

Training the planche would be good but takes a long time and is not necessary.