1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello Forum Newbie here!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by mnbluepits, Apr 24, 2012.

1. mnbluepits

mnbluepits Member

Hello everyone i wanna start off saying IM over weight! and i know it...
    It started 3 years ago and just getting bad every day!

3 years ago i weight 200lbs im 6foot.. Got into a quad accident broke my right back leg Scroll down to see the leg its the back little bone i broke twisted and tore all my ligament in my ankle.Well put me off my leg and ankle for 7 months then the doctor told me to do go up and down on my tippy toes.and i couldn't every time i tried it cause major pain in my leg.Went back to doctors they said it could take up to 5 years.. to fully heal!! well the next year i found up my son has muscle dystrophy duchenne So that threw me into depressing . With him having so little time on i want to be able to spend much time as i can with him .and as of right now i cant walk more then 50 feet before i have to sit down and wait for the pain in my leg to stop before i can walk again i currently weight about 340 ive tried doing work out but anything that has to do with my leg cause me pain... so here is my question what can i do to lose weight so i can enjoy time with my son. Any help is much welcome!
    [​IMG]

2. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

I think for you, it will be mainly about your nutrition(like it is for everybody, in reality). Listen to your doctors and physical therapists for your exercise and activity advice. Do what they ask you to do. They will help you heal properly.

To lose weight, you may want to speak with a nutritionist to evaluate your current nutritional habits and recommend changes. Have you ever tracked what you eat or kept a food journal? That would be a good place to start... check out the sticky threads in this forum, too. Look closely at the ones about nutrition.

Good luck!:tu:

3. mnbluepits

mnbluepits Member

Yea ive been talking to one. seams my intake needs to be 2600 and i ve tried a week now with no luck on getting that close.. im eating any where to 1600 to 1700 thats it :(

4. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

2600 to LOSE weight, when you can't exercise - can hardly walk?

That seems like a tremendous number of calories. :confused:

5. mnbluepits

mnbluepits Member

i can walk about a total of 100 yards at time then i need to stop after that.till leg feels better and yes i think thats alot and my fitnesspal app tells me around the same but im only eating around half that and that with me pushing my self to eat more:(

#5 mnbluepits, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012