1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello again - A re-introdution

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by Bob T, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Bob T

Bob T Well-Known Member

Hello friends....I actually joined this forum just over 5 years ago, and did well at first. Put myself in fairly good shape during the first year or so.

After that, I kinda fell off the wagon. Still tried to eat good, but not much working out or anything else.

Came back once in a while and made journals and promises I didn't follow through on. Life, a busy, busy life, was my excuse....

Well now I am back. Thanks to a bad valve and open heart surgery, I find I am now on a cardiac rehab program. And what better place to document that, but here?

I will be starting a new journal to follow with my rehab, and hopefully, my future fitness goals beyond just my heart.

I've already seen a few familiar names....looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Bob

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Bob, it's nice to see you post again. Sorry to read about your medical complications, but I'm glad the surgery went well and you're now cleared for exercise.

3. Bob T

Bob T Well-Known Member

Thanks, it was an eye opening experience, being completely at the mercy of others.
    Right now I am cleared for four, 5 minute walks a day. Wednesday, if all goes well, I will be cleared to take four, 7 minute walks a day.

I was pleased to see that many of the diet changes we made in our home, shortly after joining this forum, paid off with a pretty healthy system. Except for the bum valve, I checked out great. Blood pressure good, cholesterol good, no blockages, or other heart issues....

Cardio journal coming up...

Bob

4. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Bob!

5. Bob T

Bob T Well-Known Member

:wave:

6. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Welcome back. Wishing you a full recovery.

Still riding the bike? A BMW IIRC? (Well I mean in general still riding. My guess is you can't physically ride at the moment).