1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello again - A re-introdution

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by Bob T, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Bob T

Bob T Well-Known Member

Hello friends....I actually joined this forum just over 5 years ago, and did well at first. Put myself in fairly good shape during the first year or so.

After that, I kinda fell off the wagon. Still tried to eat good, but not much working out or anything else.

Came back once in a while and made journals and promises I didn't follow through on. Life, a busy, busy life, was my excuse....

Well now I am back. Thanks to a bad valve and open heart surgery, I find I am now on a cardiac rehab program. And what better place to document that, but here?

I will be starting a new journal to follow with my rehab, and hopefully, my future fitness goals beyond just my heart.

I've already seen a few familiar names....looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Bob

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Bob, it's nice to see you post again. Sorry to read about your medical complications, but I'm glad the surgery went well and you're now cleared for exercise.

3. Bob T

Bob T Well-Known Member

Thanks, it was an eye opening experience, being completely at the mercy of others.
    Right now I am cleared for four, 5 minute walks a day. Wednesday, if all goes well, I will be cleared to take four, 7 minute walks a day.

I was pleased to see that many of the diet changes we made in our home, shortly after joining this forum, paid off with a pretty healthy system. Except for the bum valve, I checked out great. Blood pressure good, cholesterol good, no blockages, or other heart issues....

Cardio journal coming up...

Bob

4. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Bob!

5. Bob T

Bob T Well-Known Member

:wave:

6. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Welcome back. Wishing you a full recovery.

Still riding the bike? A BMW IIRC? (Well I mean in general still riding. My guess is you can't physically ride at the moment).