1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever felt....

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by lilvietboi, Mar 29, 2005.

1. lilvietboi

lilvietboi Well-Known Member

have you ever felt like it's impossible to reach a goal? 2 years ago i was 180 pounds and i went down to 138 with about 10-11% bodyfat. Today i was looking in the mirror and i notice a change in my midsection as if the abs are more muscular and slowly coming out but it seems that i cant actually picture myself with 8-9% bodyfat and ripped six pack. it feels like it's impossible to reach it, even with the strict diet and the 6 day fasted cardio a week. feels so slow...

2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

When you feel like this it's maybe time to change what your doing, start with hiit, try a new trainings method or dieting plan to get results and have fubn with what your doing, ofcourse it takes of lot of time and these are kind of the make-or-break moments you go through when losing weigth, either your keep trying and succeed of you give of and lose what you have got now, seems like an easy choice to me

What is your current workout/dieting plan?

3. garthus

garthus Well-Known Member

I think we have all been in the same position. Sometimes it just seems like so far away and it is easy to give up.

Just keep remembering that you are changing a life stlye - ie its for the rest of your life. So when you look at it over the next 40, 50 or how ever many years you have left then in the scale of things 6 months or a year is not too much.

Its not only diet that you have ups and downs, its the entire living process we have ups and downs in all areas of our lives so being able to deal with it in your diet will prepare you for the rest.

Like Erik says - try changing things around, one major problem in monotony so even something as simple as changing your diet up a little or changing your routine could make a difference.

4. lilvietboi

lilvietboi Well-Known Member

maybe its the weather for me. due to heavy rain i havent been able to jog and i feel unmotivated whenever i dont jog. i also hurt my wrist so lifting been a little difficult lately.

5. mason

mason Well-Known Member

Those probably sound like good excuses to you at the time but you're just trying to justify not going out. We all do it I think. Why can't you run in the rain? I do it often and enjoy it. My right wrist is also quite sore because I have a pretty large ganglion cyst that causes me some pain when lifting and doing pushups.

John worked around a shoulder injury and I'm sure many of the members on here also have certain obstacles to overcome. It's all apart of the process.

6. Chameleon

Chameleon Well-Known Member

are you going to have the cyst removed?? I recommend doing it.. I had a ganglion cyst in my left wrist, it prevented me from doing anything when the wrist was bent... it was very painful and only got worse the longer I waited to do something about it... when I finally had it removed it turned out to be the size of a large grape and had created an encapsulated area that may never go away in the middle of the joint.. but I can do push up's now, which was the biggest problem for me... I hadn't not being able to do them... I had it removed last July and within 6 months it felt soooooo much better ;) :nod:

7. mason

mason Well-Known Member

I've attempted to have it drained 3 times, 1 of which was successful. Having it drained provided little relief as it quickly filled up again. Now I just smash it with something hard when it's causing me a lot of pain. I've considered having it removed and even went in for a consultation with a plastic surgeon but he suggested just leaving it alone because he thought it wasn't worth operating on. Anytime you cut the skin you put yourself at risk. He thought the potential costs outweighed the benefits I guess.

If it keeps causing me pain, I'll go back in and have it removed. I've about had it with this thing :mad: :nod:

8. Chameleon

have you seen an orthopedic surgeon about this? a plastic surgeon really isn't the right person to see about a ganglion cyst in my opinion. my orthopedic surgeon shot me full of cotizone three times, the first time helped a lot, the second time didn't do much, and the third time it didn't help at all... then she tried to drain it and coudn't get anythign out of it... the only other option was surgery and I am sooo happy I did it... it's not a difficult surgery and the recovery time is only about 6 weeks... I would highly recomend it... but I would also recomend seeing an orthopedic for it

9. jtchen22

jtchen22 Well-Known Member

I'll have to disagree with you there. See a dermatologist. They are the skin doctors.

My friend has a ganglion removed from the top of his hand. He said it looked like a raspberry! Just have it removed. For what it's worth: A plastic surgeon's time is probably worth more to him than removing a cyst, because that's just not what he specializes in. A dermatologist's speciality is skin ailments (cysts under the skin included), so for him, he'd simply be doing his job.

10. Chameleon

I, in turn, will disagree with you now... a ganglion cyst in the wrist is a joint issue and not a skin issue.. so it is in the general discription for an orthopedic and they are the correct doctor to see about this type of problem... the ganglion in my wrist was inside the wrist joint and also was sitting on top of a nerve that she had to take the end off of during surgery since it was attached to the cyst... a dermatologist's specialty is skin problems... not internal problems... a ganglion cyst in a joint like the wrist is not a skin problem... just sayin'