1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone here tried Max-OT?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by George Kaplin, Dec 31, 2005.

1. yp_panagGR

yp_panagGR Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, lol I dont really know how to do it! :lol: I know how to do deadlifts fine but what does it mean when it says powerlifting style. What am I supposed to do? If anyone has any pictures to show this exercise ill be grateful -I wouldnt want to replace it, but I searched a while and couldn't find any matches on it :(

2. yp_panagGR

I need some advice, for MAX OT this is my 3rd day and I am doing back and Traps, I have everything I need for the excercises at home except one thing!! The cable rows which is only 1 set... will it matter if i dont do just that one excercise or is it really important? If it is ill go to the gym no problem. But why go if I can do everything in my own house right?
    If it really is that important of an excercise is there another exercise that I can do as a replacement that does the same job?

3. YardleyBill

YardleyBill Well-Known Member

You are right! How did I miss that?

4. Jon Skee

Jon Skee Well-Known Member

Ive been missing out on cable exercises, i do mine at home and i dont have cable attachments.

all i did was do the exercises there and for back today im just adding bent over rows on the end instead.

hows yours coming along?

mines been good so far i know its not really max ot until your a bit deeper in but ive tried hard and ive done higher weights than i expected, especially for shoulders

5. yp_panagGR

Actually, what I did was just skip the whole day and instead swapped it with friday (biceps and abs)... I could not make it at the gym because its pouring rain here in Athens and my parents and everyone is out of town 7 hrs away, so I have no way of getting there but on foot, and its a 15 minute walk (good warmup) I dont think it will really matter if i swap the day.. so actually im gonna get started right now and its 12am :) I like working out at home anyway, I can play music at the same time and I dont have to wait and share equipment. I am 10000% in focus when im at home. So .. off I go to lift off :bb:

6. 730d

730d Well-Known Member

Go ahead man and work out at home. Who cares if you switch a day really. Yo bro, that challenge we said is still on, I'll give you a head start of two weeks because you need it!!!!!:lol: Anyway, keep lifting biatch!!! TTYL.

7. yp_panagGR

Your giving me a headstart of two weeks ? Who are you trying to kid.. You know that I will have better results than you :neener:
    This is officially a challenge bro hmm... maybe you need a headstart instead

:p

8. yp_panagGR

Even though im lifting man I have been eating so badly!! AHH.. im killin myself.. but at 139 pounds I guess I need it anyway.. in the past 3 days Ive only been ordering gyros (for those of you who dont know it its greek, meat inside a pita bread) and as we speak im eating a chicken sadwich from mcdonalds and 20 chicken mcnuggets.. lol well parents are gone, and I cant cook.. so i guess im allowed :D

9. johnyboy

johnyboy Well-Known Member

C'mon yp. You're better than that. Eating is a huge part of this, and you need to put some time into figuring out how you're going to do it right.

Some of us write out meal plans and make up food for the week in advance. You don't have to go that far, but you do have to figure out how you're always going to have enough healthy food to eat. And don't forget to have some protein in every meal.

Good luck.

10. Jon Skee

I dont exactly stick to a strict diet, but i dont eat like that alot lol.

ill cook myself something, but when im out with m8s ill usually end up eating crap.

but majority of time ill eat good. learn how to cook lol itle benifit you and it wont take as long as waiting for an order to come, and will probably fill you up more than mc donalds does

11. yp_panagGR

No no... trust me.. lol I was so full I could barely walk man.. hahaha... 20 McNuggets... and a Chicken Sandwich, Fries , and a Coke. Dont think I always eat like this, but you know... it was one of those special occassions where I get to eat the "bad stuff"
    :eat:

12. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

If you're bulking, you're probably going to feel like that 98% of the day, but you don't want to overeat at any one meal because the body can only digest so much food. At 139, are you naturally skinny or did you cut down to that weight? What did you eat during the rest of the day? Your meal was a good 2100 calories if you ate every last piece, but that's (obviously) not enough to bulk on. If you're naturally skinny, you may try keeping a food log for a few days; usually ectos (myself included) don't eat nearly as much in total as they think they do, often eating 2-3 very large meals, but little else during the rest of the day, which overall doesn't bring their calorie intake high enough to gain weight.

13. yp_panagGR

Yea you are absolutely correct, as an ecto.. (jeez i really hate the sound of that name) I always feel like I have eaten alot yet I really havent. Its like .. that "feeling" of being full fools me into thinking I have eaten, although I havent. So I guess I have to force myself into eating alot all the time... Its tough.. :bang:

14. glenn_001

glenn_001 Well-Known Member

Stick with it, you may not always be an ecto, i dont think chicanerous will be, looking at pics of me when i was your age i looked pure ectomorph,even up to the age of 27 or so i was only 160 lbs, now im definately mesomorph and 223 lbs.
    My normal bodyweight (before bodybuilding) is around 185 - 190.

Glenn

15. Jon Skee

Im the same yp, im skinny, i was skinnier than i was before i started weight training and eating more, but im slowly putting on weight.

im going to take food with me to college everyday now weve got meat cooking, chicken, lamb, and pork, and lots of vegetables, fruit and fruit juice.

hopefully i can eat a bit more clean than i have and put on some more weight :confused: im currently 137lbs if the convertor is correct 9 stone 8 :doh:

16. yp_panagGR

Is that you in your picture??? because if it is... then.. all that comes to mind is.. wow.. wow wow wow wow wow wow.. :tucool: :jumping: :claphigh: :jumping: :guitar:

17. glenn_001

if you take an inch of muscle off all over.:lol:

18. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Please correct me if I am wrong, because I honestly don't know. I thought that no matter what you did to your body you would always stay ecto/meso/endo forever. That "label" is just about genetics, just about how you were born. I was born more meso, but I could work out and diet so that I LOOKED ecto, but I'd still BE meso. Or, for another example, Lou Ferrigno IS ectomorphic, even though he LOOKS mesomorphic. He just worked against his ecto genetics and changed how he looked.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, I really don't know.

(Not that this matters a whole lot anyway actually.)

19. glenn_001

I havnt looked a great deal into it, i think anyone can pack on a fair wack of muscle if they try hard enough,
    Meso types generally have a fairly muscular body even without training, ecto's normaly thin, smaller wrists and ankles, endos tend to hold more fat and have bigger legs etc
    Your probably right about being born that way, ive just notice a major change since i was in my teens even without training, i cant wear a watch i had 7 years ago, so my wrists have gotten a little bit bigger.:confused:

Glenn

20. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Interesting Glenn. The watch comment (wrist size changed) is in particular pretty interesting.

Maybe you just got bigger, and always were meso but never knew it until now? (Need a shoulder shrug smilie here.)

:confused: <---Indeed.

Oh well.