1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone here tried Max-OT?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by George Kaplin, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Jon Skee

Jon Skee Well-Known Member

ah great thanks alot! :D :tucool:

2. yp_panagGR

yp_panagGR Well-Known Member

Getting Ready to begin MAX - OT

At 6ft.1 , 138pounds, and 9% body fat I am getting ready to begin this new method known as MAX - OT...I read threw the entire manual and I seem convinced that this is really going to work. It all makes sense both logically and scientifically. I have only worked out 2 months with a HORRIBLE program the gym owner guy gave me and i barely had any results, other than the small increase in bicep size. I am hoping that this will really work. I am going to do this 6 months straight!

Wish me Luck!! :D

3. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Good Luck but someone with slow twitch domaint muscle fibers are better off doing high volume routines (i assume you are going by your stats). Considering your a newbie thou it should work fine for a while.

4. yp_panagGR

Thanks for the input, but what is slow twitch domaint muscle fiber mean? Do you think that this is the wrong program for me? At the stage I am at right now am I not supposed to bulk? What do you think I should do? I need some advice because like you said.. im a newbie :nod:

5. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Relax friend, the program is fine for you. :)

Give it a very honest trial of about 12-15 weeks, honestly lift HARD and then assess your progress after that.

6. yp_panagGR

I really cant wait to begin this, im really really motivated! I have had enough of these small arms and visible ribs! :nono: No more of that , I have never really felt so motivated to start something in my entire life. My new year resolution is to keep up with this program for 6 months, and to get the best results. My only problem though is eating the right foods. Food is just as important as excercise from what I have heard, I need to get used to having 4-5 meals a day, i really need it. In about 1 month im going to start this program because I am moving to a new house and therefore new gym. Ill let you all know how its going after the first couple of weeks.

7. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Start today.

8. yp_panagGR

I cant really start today, the house im going to is pretty far away from where my gym is now, and my membership to my recent gym has finished. Im not sure whether or not ill be able to sign up again for 1 month untill i go to the new gym.. if i can then absolutely ill start right away. If not, I can just work out as much as possible at home, where all i have is a few dumbells, a bench, and a bar with different weights.
    Thanks for telling me to start today, otherwise I would have just wasted a whole month! Im going to the gym tomorrow to sign up again

9. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Its fine dude.

Gtx, do you believe different fiber makeups should concentrate on different training methods? I sure do. Its like telling an endurance runner to start sprinting imo.

However, that excludes newbies, go ahead yp.

10. Jon Skee

Im in the same boat im really looking forward to doing this now, ive read the first week.

I would would start the week today but its a bit late now 11:30pm to be going in the garage and exercising isnt it?:confused:

instead i think i will start from tomorrow and go to saturday

oh and goodluck yp_panagGR :tu:

11. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I lift at midnight. :confused: It's never too late to go to the gym.

12. Jon Skee

mm i still think ill start the week tomorrow, wont do any harm going from tues-sat instead will it?

13. yp_panagGR

no not really...its exactly the same thing. As long as you follow the guidlines. Rest 5-6 days each part. Thanks for the luck guys! I'm gonna start whenever I can. Im going to sleep now, i live in athens, greece so its 1:45 am. Nite

14. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Are you saying that being an ecto means one is slow twitch dominant? I don't think that's necessarily right. :confused:

#34 chicanerous, Jan 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  15. bagobonez

bagobonez Well-Known Member

I did Max-OT for 6 months or so, and saw tremendous strength gains, but didn't see a great deal of actual mass put on me. Then again, how much mass can you put on in 6 months? I agree with all of the fundamentals of Max-OT except the 4-6 rep range.

I've been doing 8-10 reps lately, and I can definitely tell my strength isn't shooting up as fast as it was when I was doing 4-6. It's still too early to tell if it's putting actual mass on faster though.

BUt yes, I like Max-OT, i would recommend it to anyone, because it will make you strong quick.

16. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Eh, there is some evidence which points to genetics, fiber makeup, etc. determining what protocol one would follow in the gym for optimal results. There is also some evidence which contradicts this, so it's hard to say. It's an interesting discussion of course (I'd take part if you want to start a new thread).

I was telling him to just get started with it because I don't think discussing fast-twitch vs. slow-twitch, volume vs. intensity, etc. with a newbie is beneficial. I think it's more important to get in there and do SOMETHING. :) He has a roadmap in front of him which will help, and I think almost anything will be better than sitting on the couch (with some exceptions of course).

:tucool:

17. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I lift late at night too. I find it to be quite optimal, actually.

18. Jon Skee

ill be starting this in a few hours, hope it works for me ide like strength but more than anything i want mass

19. yp_panagGR

i have a important question, does it matter which day i start the MAX - OT ? does it have to start monday and always be exact?

I dont think it will really matter as long as I keep track of the days im going and i follow the guidlines of rest 5-6 days per part right?
    Because im thinking of beginning today but its Tuesday

20. Jon Skee

im doing tues - sat

i doubt it matters