1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone actually firmed up sagging breasts through exercise?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by rootinator, Apr 13, 2010.

1. rootinator

rootinator Active Member

I'm currently in good physical shape, young (under 22), and have never been overweight. Despite this, my breasts are prematurely sagging. I'm only a C cup.

Is it possible for me to firm them up through upper body exercise? Has anyone ever done this? If so, are there any specific exercises you'd recommend?

Thanks!

2. frances92307

frances92307 Active Member

Unfortunately chest exercises will not firm up the actual breast itself. It will improve how they lay on your chest wall, but it will do nothing for the skin itself. It sounds like you're experiencing a loss of volume. The breast itself is primarily fat and glandular tissue. As you lean out your body, you will lose fat in your breast area as well. Sucks I know:(. This is probably what is contributing to the saggy appearance....not really saggy but more deflated.

3. KoNcEpT61

KoNcEpT61 Active Member

my gf lost 25lbs and she really noticed that her breasts got smaller... they are made up of mostly fat, so they may reduce in size and kind of firm up, but i think that the only way to really firm them would be surgery

4. SweetPea

SweetPea Well-Known Member

The better in shape you become the saggier they become...or at least that is my experience...I am not unhappy with mine...but they aren't as perky as when I had more fat up top:bang:

5. KoNcEpT61

KoNcEpT61 Active Member

I always thought it'd be the opposite, since the breast is made up of a large percentage of fat

6. Kristen

Kristen Active Member

It depends on how elastic your skin is. . . imagine a deflated balloon.

To the original poster: working your pecs can give you the illusion of perkier girls, but won't actually firm up your breast tissue. Still, it's worth a try!

7. bbgurl21

bbgurl21 Active Member

I've been blessed with "ample" genes. After I stopped nursing my 2nd child, however, I went from a D to a B. I was almost as disappointed in my "deflated" appearance as my husband was. I believed everything I'd ever heard about breasts being simply fat tissue and there's nothing you can do about it.

Then, I began working out. Nothing elaborate or anything, just my usual pre-baby routines. Much to my surprise ("shock" is more appropriate) I not only regained a full cup size (back to my pre-baby C) but I filled out! No more "deflated balloon" look!

Breasts are MOSTLY fat. There is MUSCLE beneath the mammary ducts and fatty tissue. When I built up that muscle (pectoralis major) it increased the size of the muscle, which pushed outward the fatty breast tissue against the skin, making the entire breast fuller and "perkier". ;)

So, to answer your question: YES!! It's entirely possible!! Here are the simple exercises I used in respect to the pectoralis major (and minor) muscles:
    Dumb Bell Bench Press (PMajor, some PMinor)
    Dumb Bell Flyes (PMinor, some PMajor)
    That's it!! That's the only chest exercises I did!

Here's the routine (substitute your own weights)
    BP: 12 reps x 20lbs each, rest 1 min
    10 reps x 25 lbs each, rest 1 min
    8 reps x 30 lbs each, rest 1 min
    6 reps x 35 lbs each, rest 1 min
    then do flyes
    Flyes: 12 reps x 20 lbs each, no rest
    12 resps (or to failure) x 15 lbs each

I did this routine 1-2 x week with my regular workouts. Hope this helps!! :tu:

8. jeremykid

jeremykid Active Member

I've read an article and says to do palm pressing - Kneel down and press your palms in 'Namaskar' (Indian greeting) pose in the center of chest so that the tissues around the breasts are under full pressure. Or you can try this one, spread both hands and place palms on a wall in front of you. Press your palms and you will feel pressure on your veins and tissues and they will stretch.

If this one doesn't work for you, maybe you'll need the help of a surgeon.

9. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Can you link me to the mental moron who wrote this article? :)

10. louisa87

louisa87 Active Member

I too would be interested in this 'miracle' workout, but dear I don't know if you're gonna find one. I haven't yet. :( Might just be one thing you gotta love for what it is.