1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Hardcore fat loss routine

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by stefanjagger, Apr 3, 2014.

1. stefanjagger

stefanjagger Active Member

Hi,

I'd like to lose fat quickly (I know fast is not great, 2lbs per month etc.) but i'd like to lose it fast regardless.

I don't want to starve myself or anything silly, but I do want to hit the gym hard, kill myself nearly, eating totally clean.

Diet I have a good mix of oats, pb, chicken, rice, broccoli, boring food but I know it worked well for me before.

Every day I do an hour casual walk of my dogs, some up hill.

Mon - Upper + HIIT
    Tue - Lower + LISS
    Wed - Upper + HIIT
    Thur - Lower + LISS
    Fri - Upper + HIIT
    Sat - LISS
    Sun - Recover

For upper and lower I am talking compound exercises... squats, barbell rows, bench, deadlift, overhead press... HIIT 15 mins of killing myself... LISS 1 hour moderate pace...

I'm 5'9 and 195lbs looking to lose as much as possible in a month.

Thoughts?

2. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Is the LISS in conjunction with the walking, which you do daily? I would think at that level of exertion, if you are putting full effort in to lifting and HIIT, the extra LISS seems unnecessary and maybe even detrimental. The harder you work, the more you need the rest time to keep putting in the hard effort.

Also, you didn't list a calorie goal here. You say you want to lose fat--you don't say you want to lose weight. Good mentality, that, but realize your weight might not change as much as you think if you do this. With that kind of extreme strain--5 days of lifting and 3 of HIIT--you will need to keep your intake pretty high: No crashing your diet, going all low cal on this kind of workout!

If you are doing HIIT immediately after you lift, you might need to invest in some during-workout drinks, even if it is something like Gatorade, to keep give you extra calories to keep up your energy.

The most important thing (IMO) is to crush the workouts. If you can keep pushing yourself hard, increasing the weights or reducing the rest time, and you can plow hard through the HIIT, you are winning. But to do that, you'll need to make sure you are getting enough calories.

Jaer
    has had a lot of success recently with dropping fat and not really losing weight. It's about having enough fuel to keep killing it in the gym.

3. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

The constantly spewed wisdom is actually 2lbs per WEEK not per month; if that guides you back doing it more controlled and sanely.