1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Monster's Holistic path of Healing

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Happy Monster, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

Well.. I seem to have got a date on Sunday afternoon. :)

One of the women I emailed through the dating site emailed me back. After a few emails we got to chatting on a messenger program where we got on really well.

So, I suggested meeting up for a drink/chat and she agreed. So we are meeting on Sunday. She seems pretty outgoing, confident and partygoing, so not sure how compatible we are on that front as I can be quite the opposite at times, and at other times not. But I hope to make a new friend at least, and I'll see if we can chat with such easy banter in real life and if there is a spark. :D

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I hope it all goes well for you on Sunday; at a minimum have a good time and if something develops even better.

3. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

relax and enjoy meeting someone new on Sunday, Richard;)

4. Happy Monster

Thanks!

5. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! Go, Rich! I hope you two get along famously. :)

6. Happy Monster

Cheers! :lol:

7. Happy Monster

Didn't sleep very well last night. Was feeling sick in my stomach all evening, not sure why.. Took some medicine but didn't really help.

As a result, I've been pretty tired and clumsy today.

The good news is I chatted briefly to the Online Dating Woman, which was nice. Tonight I'm out to see my friends for a drink and a dance. Looking forward to seeing her tomorrow to see if we can chat in real life so easily as we do online. That will be the real test!

I could really do with some sleep, but that's not gonna happen!

Have a good weekend everyone! :jumping:

8. Happy Monster

A busy, but expensive and tiring 3 day weekend.

I haven't got the time to describe the whole weekend (and I'm sure that you won't be interested to read too much anyway!). On Saturday morning I went into town to look for some sandals, t-shirts and anything else that might be nice. It wasn't warm this weekend, but the weekend before was 24C and took me by surprise. However after much looking around shops I failed to find anything I liked (despite a lot of tops and sandals on).

In the evening I went out to have a drink with my friend who was celebrating her graduation. People were abit late so by the time everyone was there it was already getting a little late. The plan was to go dancing but I was really tired after sleeping badly on Friday (upset stomach) and others were too as they started drifting away around 12. So I made my apologies and left as I was out of energy.

Sunday I met the Girl Online for my date, which went OK. We have a few things in common in some ways, but are very different in others and in personalities. I think that might prove a problem. So we could have a chat and a laugh at an intellectual and emotional level, but whether there is anything more there I am not sure. Not sure whether I will hear from her again as she seemed quite clear that she has blocked people in the past that she didn't like. That's not something I would do like that, but she is a different personality than me, and more outgoing and extreme. I will see what happens..

After that I met other friends in the afternoon and we had a few drinks and a pizza at a bar in the city centre.

Yesterday I had my dental check-up (fine) and then did some shopping in my local area. I found some sandals I liked and brought and a few other things.

So, a bit of an expensive weekend, and still tired today!

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Shopping, eating, drinking, spending time with friends and a possbile new one. You certainly were busy. Any hypno or yoga?

10. Happy Monster

I did Yoga yesterday which was good. The schedule for the Yoga classes is a bit uneven at the moment with bank holidays and things in the way (yesterday was a combined beginner and advanced class). So that's annoying, but after a few weeks should settle down again.

I think I'll try to do some more hypno stuff tonight.

As for the girl, she doesn't seem to be responding to me on MSN when she came online a while ago. So that doesn't seem a very good sign. :bang:

11. Happy Monster

Work's been Meh.. the last couple of days. But I also think that my lower calorie diet might be negatively affecting my moods as well as everything else going on. I'm still slowly losing fat though, so that's good. I might have to look at my calories a bit more after the weekend however..

There was the great Champions League Final (soccer) between Manchester United and Chelsea yesterday. After a great game, extra time and penalities, Man U won which was just the result I wanted! :D

I've not heard from that girl since Sunday, I sent an email after the date on Sunday saying how I enjoyed meeting up with her and hoped to have more time to chat with her soon, but no response. On wednesday she didn't respond when I asked if she was busy or able to chat in MSN. So, that looks like she is blanking me, I will take the hint and leave her alone unless she contacts me.

Not what I would do, but then again I know I think more about other people (and don't want to upset them) and their opinions then she does from what she said on the date.

I had a really strange dream a couple of night ago. It happened twice, and I woke up after the first time a bit scared as it seemed so real, then I went back to sleep and it happened again. In my dream I dreamt that I kind of totally relaxed, my head lolled to one side, my left arm moved position and my right arm went heavy. Nothing strange there.. but I got the strong belief and feeling that my soul had left control of my body and gone into my right arm while another soul had taken over in my left arm. :eek: Really strange, and not even sure how I had the sensational 'data' to imagine something like that. But maybe it was just the belief, which in dreams can be totally illogical yet seem completely real.

Anyway, another strange dream there.. God help the dream analyists out there! :lol:

12. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

Too bad about the online gal. Sounds like it wasn't a match, and I guess some people are fairly businesslike about that and just move on, huh?

What a dream! :scared: That sort of thing has become the plot of a few horror movies, actually.:confused: Let us know if your left arm gets up to odd behavior.;)

13. Happy Monster

Thanks, yep I can have some 'interesting' dreams.. ;)

14. Happy Monster

Ugh! Curse thee Sambuka! I'm sure it wasn't the amount of vodka I drank last night that's left me feeling a bit fragile this morning!
    :whistle:

15. Happy Monster

Got very drunk on saturday night because I was pouring too much vodka into each glass (I genuinely didn't realise)..

Felt a bit fragile yesterday, no head ache, but shaky and tired. Saw some friends for a drink at a local bar with live music in the evening. It was good, but the sound system was far too high, started to hurt our ears so we left when they took a break half-way through their set.

Today it's been a Bank Holiday here, so I went with one of my best friends to a show in a town about 15 miles south of Nottingham. It was really more for kids so it wasn't quite worth the money we paid to get in, however we did see a few nice things including demonstrations with different falcons and hawks, sheep dog displays and dog training displays (including jumping through hoops of fire!). The last two small dogs were very funny and extreemly cool!

No news on the dating front, I've not heard from that women I saw and she doesn't seem to have been visitied the dating site for the last week, so that is a little bit strange (I would have expected her to have visited the site more recently if she just was blocking me). Anyway, it seems all my friendly emails to women on the site just disappear into a black hole for all the response I get.. Probably because they don't like the way I look in the pictures I posted so don't even get as far as reading my profile.

In order to rectify that I set up my tripod today in different places in the house to try to get the best lighting and took a lot of pictures. I got a few that were in focus and quite good, so I'm going to use these on the site. I can't do any more than that, if I still don't get any response then I don't know what else I can do, and frankly it's their fault for not taking a chance to get to know me. I'm a better 'catch' than a lot of guys out there. :nod:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Happy Monster

Well, the new profile picture seems to be getting me more visits and a few more email replies on the dating site. I've chatted with a few women, but none of them are anywhere close and they are also really looking for someone local to them.

Still, it's nice just to chat at the moment. A lot better than before..

17. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

I like the new pics, especially the ones with the hat. My head is too big to wear hats most of the time (seriously, it's like a melon).

I'm sure you'll be getting many more contacts on the online dating scene. :D

18. Happy Monster

Thanks Patrick, I hope so!

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Three nice pictures; if I had to choose I would choose the top one.

20. Happy Monster

That's the one I've chosen (in a smaller thumbail view) for my profile picture. It seems to help.