1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Monster's Holistic path of Healing

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Happy Monster, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

This 3 day weekend was good, but tiring!

Saturday late afternoon I went back to my hometown, saw my parents and then went out for my friend's 30th birthday. We all had a lot to drink and I didn't get back in till about 12:30 or later (not as late as we used to go out..) I then woke up at around 7, 7:30ish so later in the day on Sunday I felt REALLY tired. I did go and do a bit of shopping in Nottingham on the Sunday and after quite a bit of looking I found one of the Creed aftershaves which I really liked. I only got the smaller 30ml size as it's much more expensive than other brands, but I like it and it should last me a while anyway!

Sunday night I went and saw two of my best friends and we just practised pool for a few hours. :)

Today has been gorgeous weather, so I got half of my hypnotherapy assignment done in the morning, and then in the afternoon I met up with another friend for some drinks in the sun. It was good, but came back home around 4 and not really been in the mood to do much today. Restless, and I always am to some extent on a Sunday. I've got things ready for work, so I'm going to have an early night as I still feel quite tired.

2. Happy Monster

Saturday morning, before I went back to my hometown in the afternoon I saw another hypnotherapist. We chatted for a while about hypnotherapy, the course I'm doing and then about a few issues I had. Then we did some work on trying to help me with those issues.. I'm not going to go into them or what we did, but I felt better afterwards and even though the effects might take a while to fully sink in I have feel slightly different all weekend. So I think it's helped to some extent!

This is something I talked about doing a while ago as some of you may remember. It went surprisingly well after I met the hypnotherapist (I was of course nervous before hand) and I am glad I went. I just need to let it all sink in I feel. :nod:

3. Happy Monster

Today was OK at work, but slow and I really didn't want to go after the 3 day weekend.

It's been nice weather again here and it's still warm in my room (I'm in t-shirt and shorts).

Feeling a bit low this week, I am restless. :bang:

4. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

:wave: Maybe you need to get outside in the sunshine a little every day.:D Well, when the weather's nice, anyway.

5. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

You know what cures restlessness? Exercise! :bb::bb::bb::lol:

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Agreed! :nod:

7. Happy Monster

Yes, I am missing my Yoga class. Not been able to go for two weeks, but will be back there on Monday.

8. Happy Monster

Did ya miss me? You had better have!! :mad:
    :p

Great weather here lately so even though I had my course this weekend we went out in the sun at dinner and I then saw some friends for a soft drink and a chat in the park here on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Great time! :)

I'm arranging to see one of the women from my course for some hypnosis practice at her place. I think it will do both of us good.

First yoga class for a few weeks and really was looking forward to it and really enjoyed it. I'm still I'll be aching tomorrow and the day after, but it's a small price to pay!

What else? Well, I've got some assignments to do for my course, but then I'm going to look at starting to setup things for when I want to do hypnotherapy professionally (so website, planning, accessaries, etc). The website design and implementation first me'thinks!

I had the 'therapy' last week which does seem to have helped a bit, so I've joined up with a dating website tonight. It will take a few days to have my profile approved and I will have to pay to send messages, but it won't hurt to give it a try. It worked for Gaz, and I also hope to make some new friends to go out with even if not anyone special.

I think that's the key, focus on making friends and if anything else happens that's a nice bonus. But you can't force it as I've discovered to my cost in the past. So I feel relaxed, slightly amused and laid back about it all.

So, after some weeks of frustrating inactivity, a busy time now we have some nice weather. Also a time of more purpose and I hope more motivation and optimism. :nod: :D

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hey stranger. Glad to see you back and that your outlook has become more positive.

You have some big plans ahead of you that should keep you busy and I hope they all work out for you.

Now, don't be a stranger again!

10. Happy Monster

Thanks!

I do feel better lately. Unfortunately when I am feeling down I do need other people to pick me up, and that's not really possible on the internet.

However, I feel ok at the moment. :)

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Everybody responds differently and I'm not attempting to change your thoughts, but along with talking with friends I've always found writing to be very cathartic and helpful. While dealing with caring for my father and his death last year I found the support from the JSF community to tremendously beneficial.

I recognize that eveyone is different and what works for me is not a universal given. I'm glad to read that you do have a support network that you can lean on when necessary.

BTW, how's your father feeling?

12. Butterflyer

Hi Rich! :wave:
    You do always seem to feel better when you're quite busy, I've noticed. :tu:
    Good luck with the dating website! :spaz:

13. Happy Monster

Thanks both of you. :)

My father is fine. :nod:

I'm trying to be busy tonight, but can't seem to get into writing one of my course assignments. :doh:

14. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

Do your writing! :spank:

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Glad to read that your father is doing well. Now get your assignment done!

16. Happy Monster

Merci! Merci!

It's done, it's done.. :)
    I finished it today and emailed it off. That's a relief actually as I needed to get it out of the way.

Well, I paid for the dating site thing and have sent some messages off to women that sound nice in my area. I imagine with these kinds of sites there are much more men than women and so I'm not sure how (if any) response I will get. I'd like to make a couple of new friends at the very least though. And of course I hope for more.. :dreamy:
    :p

17. Butterflyer

Hooray for a finished assignment! Looking forward to hearing about your online dating adventures, if you post them!:tu: I have a friend who's been doing that for a while and she seems to have found someone she likes now.:nod:

18. Happy Monster

No adventures to tell yet..

I've made a start on my theory exam for my course. It's the last assignment and is a bit more than a normal one, but nothing too big or hard.

I've been struggling a little bit the last few days as the landlord has had painters & decorators into paint the empty rooms, hallways, bathrooms, etc.. They are doing a good job and are gone when I get home, but the smell of paint is strong and has given me a slight headache lately. :blank:

They should hopefully be finished soon though!

In better news, one of my best friend's just passed her viva for her PHD so she is now officially a Doctor. We are going out on Saturday night (and it might be a long night) to celebrate! I'm really pleased for her and just told her so on the phone. :claphigh:

I have monday off work as I have a dentist check-up and I thought I'd use the day off rather than go later into work so I have time to get some more coursework and other stuff done. Yay, a 3 day weekend! :spaz:

19. Happy Monster

It's the weekend! But in a peverse twist of fate it's cold, grey and wet here! What happened to the beautiful weather (sunny and 24C last Sunday!)?? :cry:

Over the last few weeks I've deliberately reduced my calorie intake and I can feel the difference because I can 'pinch' less fat around my stomach. A few more weeks and hopefully I'll be back to where I was previously. I don't care about seeing Abs.. As long as I have a relatively flat stomach and some Oblique definition I'm fine. :D

I went to the supermarket after work and got some more anti-histamines as I ran out earlier this week and have sneezed a few times in the last few days. So, although not excessive, it's probably a good thing to buy some more. The really great thing is that 7 tablets (so 7 days) is only 58p from ASDA. That's cheaper than everywhere else and so I got 3 boxs. ;)

No more adventure news in the world of online dating. Despite sending out quite a few emails I've had no response yet. Fingers crossed for more response soon! :p

Tomorrow I want to get some sandals and shorts/short light trousers. Last weekend caught me by surprise a bit as the temperate went from around 17-18c to 23-24c and it was really nice, but hot. I struggle with footware and I'm not good with sandals simply because I don't like something in between my big toe and toes that much. At least doing Yoga I no longer feel bothered by my feet on display in public as actually they are nicer than a lot of other peoples! :lol: ;)

Also tomorrow it's the big FA cup final which I'd like to watch. Then tomorrow night it's my friend's post viva Phd celebration, which is planned to be drinks and then clubbing. So it could be a long night! :spaz:

Tonight I think I'll just chill and relax a bit.. :cool:

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Enjoy the weekend. And if it makes you feel any better, it's cold, wet, and grey here also.