1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Monster's Holistic path of Healing

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Happy Monster, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

Sunny and then raining all day, but thankfully it's sunny now.

I'm going out for a drink or two to a nice local pub with a friend later tonight. I've not seen him for a while and I want to get out the house after staying in and not doing too much for the first part of the week.

2. Happy Monster

Well, the pub was OK, but not as good as I expected. My two friends who came out (although one was more of a friend of a friend) were not really in the mood, and so although we all chatted, it seemed difficult to have a good time.

After a couple of drinks we all decided to go, which is probably for the best anyway..

3. Happy Monster

It's the weekend! Hurrah!!

In other news anyone seen this? :)

4. Happy Monster

I watched the last 30 minutes of the "The Doctor who hears voices" programme as it was on the On Demand section of my cable TV. Glad I watched it as it shed more light on her problems and seemed to have a more positive outcome for her.

As part of the course I am doing, we are advised not to treat people with psychosis rather than neurosis. However that is exactly what Rufus is doing for people in that TV programme. There is no way I would be able to do that though, and it would be very risky in many ways. Still, it does suggest that some mental illnesses are due to emotional trauma rather than a physical illness (which makes change if you think about it, as depression is seen as a mental/emotional issue).

Food for thought.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to see my friend again, but this time for lunch with other friends of mine. :)

No idea what I'll be doing tomorrow night (if anything). I'll see what my friends feel like doing as well as myself.

5. Happy Monster

Energy levels falling.. Time for bed! :lol:
    :sleep:

6. Happy Monster

It's supposed to be 20c here today!! :spaz:

Unfortunately, this will probably happen when I meet my friends for dinner in the early afternoon. :cry:

So, I intend to go into town shortly to look around, hopefully enjoy the weather and do some shopping. Tomorrow is supposed to be wet for the whole country, so it seems today is the best time to go out!

Interesting morning. I went into a few shops in my local area and by complete accident discovered a range of sunglasses in one shop here. A shop that I never even considered would have sunglasses.

After a quick look, I saw some which looked nice, so I had a closer look. I saw a couple of pairs which were a bit more wrap around than the pair I bought last week. Not only that, but they had the dark orange tint that I love! :dreamy:

For those who don't know, in contrast to the normal dark tint of traditional sunglasses, a dark orange tint will cut out a lot of blue. So, although skies appear white/greyish, all green's seem brighter and more vivid and the blue is cut out from a lot of normal light to leave eveything looking sunny yellowed and oranged. It's like being in an eternal summer! I had a pair like this some years ago and loved the effect. That's one reason I asked about the tinted lens prices last week as I couldn't find any dark orange sunglasses I liked.

But this shop had them and they were the same price as the other sunglasses, £25 (which is still cheap). They had two frames which were the ones I liked the most, and neither was exactly what I wanted, but still I think look good! Also, I'm aware that even after looking at all the designer sunglasses in shops (some upto £200) I still didn't find anything exactly what I wanted. So, I bought the pair I liked the best, which are more wrap-around, with the dark orange tint, darker brown (resin?) frames (so no annoying pads to rest on the nose). The only thing that I'm not completely happy with is that the design of the top of the sunglasses is less straight than my normal glasses and the other sunglasses. The top curves down more towards the bridge of the nose and then up again on the other side. Still I think it looks good on me, I prefer the wrap-around style and it has the orange tint I so like. :dreamy:

I realise I have now spent more money on another pair of sunglasses (although they were still cheaper combined than being a designer frame). However, now I have a bit more money I am prepared to do this (within reason) to get something better than I like more. I can always keep the old pair in case something happens to this new pair anyway, so it's not completely waster money.. :)

Now I'm going to go out and enjoy the sun! :cool:

#726 Happy Monster, Apr 26, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  7. Happy Monster

It was nice to see friends again. I took a bottle of wine, and there was loads of food, from spanish omelette to suishi!

I had some nice food and then a super-rich piece of chocolate cake and an Italian style tia-ma-su (how do you spell that??). It was nice, but with the rich food and a glass of wine (I only had one) I started to feel pretty sleepy. We all left a few hours ago and I went shopping with two of the girls. One of them managed to find some quite nice blue/grey shorts and the other some nice sunglasses (so easy too!).

I feel a bit more awake now. I've texted the friends I met earlier asking if they would like to meet later at a bar we now that has live bands there. I don't really think they will want to do much though, they all seemed pretty tired. I texted 3 other friends, but I don't know if they are free or already have plans. My other friends are working bar work, or doing shift work I think.

So, I might end up doing not much tonight. :rolleyes:

8. Happy Monster

Uh oh! I had a nice 9 hours sleep, but woke up with my nose streaming. I also keep sneezing and I have a slight sore throat.. :no:

I didn't go out last night in the end (which might have been for the best if I have a cold). None of my friends felt like doing anything, so I talked to my parents for a while on the phone, did some cleaning and some hypnotherapy tracks (although I was falling asleep through them almost).

The good news is it's still quite sunny this morning. According to the news it looks like it might stay overcast (but not rain), until tonight. This is excellent as I didn't fancy a day of staying in watching heavy rain.

Of course the prediction could be wrong, but I think I'm going to risk it and go out today. I keep sneezing lately (at home and at work), so I'm going to look at the anti-histomine tablets in the shops. I've only used them once before, so is there anything I should know about them (side-effects, etc..?)

9. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

Have you tried any antihistamine yet since you wrote this? The side-effects usually depend on the kind of antihistamine, whether it's a more modern type, and also what other things you might be taking it with. There's a lot of combo pills, and the side effects for those are often different than if you take the same drugs separately but at the same time. And then different people respond differently, of course.

The most common side effect of antihistamine for most people tends to be drowsiness, especially with the older first generation antihistamines that usually last 4-6 hours. These tend to be faster acting also. On the other hand, if you're already drowsy from whatever is making you need the antihistamine, you might just feel better.

If you use one of the modern second generation antihistamines that last 24 hours, you may have no drowsiness at all.

All this will usually be listed on the package, along with advice not to operate heavy machinery til you know how the drug affects you.

You haven't gone to a doctor yet have you?

I hope you feel better!! :)

10. Happy Monster

I think it's one of the older ones, it's got cetirizine hydrocholoride in it.

I'm not better, my cold got worse yesterday, but I still thought it's just a cold and I'll put up with it at work. However after an hour or so in bed I started to shiver despite the temperature. So I ended up being really hot and feeling cold. When I got out of bed to get some water my balance was off and I was swaying a little. I ache as well so I think it's a bit of a fever.

After not getting much sleep, pounding headaches and not being able to think clearly I've had to call in sick.

Ugh! :(

11. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

sorry to hear you're sick....hope ya feel betta soon!!

12. Happy Monster

Better today, been back at work. Although I still have a cold it's not in my head like it was yesterday.

13. Butterflyer

:(
    That cetirizine hydrochloride is 2nd generation, but it's one that still makes some people drowsy. I forgot that there was also a third generation of antihistamines, and who knows what beyond now...

Get better fast!:spaz:

14. Happy Monster

Better today.. Not 100%, but better. :)

I've noticed that I've not sneezed (or I can't remember sneezing) since Sunday when I started taking the anti-histamines.

I wonder if that means I am allergic to something? I have no idea what if so!

It's a friend's 30th Birthday at the weekend, so I will be going back to my parents to go out with him and some friends from home. We also have Monday off as a Bank Holiday here which works out quite nicely in that I still get to have a weekend despite waiting for trains/buses..

15. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Banks in Britain close for Cinco de Mayo?:confused:

16. Butterflyer

I think antihistamines can stop sneezing when you have a cold, though it doesn't work for me, which is how I can tell the difference between when I have a cold and when it's allergy!:p

I read in the news that the birch pollen is super high in the UK this year. Here, some people who aren't usually bothered with spring allergies are having trouble because the birch pollen is so high.

Sounds like a fun weekend! Nice that you have a holiday too!:tu:

17. Happy Monster

Hmm.. are there any problems with using antihistimines for several weeks? I was wondering whether I should take them over the summer if they stop the sneezing (although that's not too bad anyway)

18. Butterflyer

I take antihistamines every day most of the year. There may be long term side effects, but I've not found anything about that. If you only occasionally have problems, you can just use them as needed-- I guess that's why you're able to get them over the counter at this point. It's good to talk to a doctor about this stuff, though.:)

19. Happy Monster

Cool! Thanks..

I don't know about over there in the US, but they are really cheap here. I was suprised at how inexpensive they are! :nod:

20. Butterflyer

Well, I'm no doctor of course, but I certainly have taken a lot of antihistamines!:lol:

The OTC stuff I take is pretty cheap, but the prescription stuff I have is another story. :p