1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Monster's Holistic path of Healing

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Happy Monster, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

It was nice to see my friend and watch the DVD. However it had one of those piracy is theft trailers and then 3 trailers for films. This is exactly the kind of thing that drives people to get copies of films rather than watch 10 minutes of unskippable crap in their own home! :mad:

My skin's a bit dry at the moment, so I picked up some Nivea skin cream and I will see if that helps. I read that the dryness can be caused by the difference in humidity levels when going from one environment to another. Well, for the last week or so it's been a mixture of bright sunshine and heavy rain, so maybe that's not helped.

Awful traffic coming home, not sure why, but it was not good. I also got on the bus from the city centre later than normal because I popped into an opticians to look at their range of sunglasses. :cool: A few things were quite good, but nothing I really liked. I couldn't see the prices on some of the designer ones, which is probably for the best! :scared:

I would like some new sunglasses for summer as the old ones I have are getting a bit beat up now and don't really suit me.

As for tonight I'm not doing too much, I feel like just relaxing for now. :)

2. Happy Monster

Thursday! Getting closer to the weekend.. :)

I'm seeing my friend on Sunday for some more hypnotherapy practice. I'm glad to help her and get the practice. :nod:

I've asked 3 different friends if they would like to go out for a drink at a local bar tonight, but it doesn't look like anyone is up for a drink.. :confused:

So.. not sure what I'll be doing tonight. We will see.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Just wondering if you found anyone to go out for a drink with or did you find something else to do?

4. Happy Monster

No, no-one can make it tonight. So I'm just browsing the net and chatting online with a friend.

5. Happy Monster

No.. no-one was able to make it yesterday, so I stayed in and just chilled out.

Today, I was due to have a few drinks with a friend tonight, but he can't make it. So I will enjoy the weekend and try to get some more project book work done.

Tomorrow I am hopefully meeting friends in the afternoon, and probably going out with some of them in the night time.

Sunday, I am doing some more practise with my friend. :)

It's really cold today, I can't wait for Spring!!

6. Happy Monster

2 pages done.. :)

7. Happy Monster

An expensive morning (and even more when I go out tonight).

I went into the city centre just after 9am and was determined to do some shopping for sunglasses and maybe a new summer jacket. It's quieter in the morning and my friends were supposed to be in town in the morning themselves.

After looking around several shops (and spending a lot of time in some trying on sunglasses) I came to the following conclusions. While there were some cheap normal sunglasses, none of them were really in the style I wanted. The designer sunglasses were pretty *#%!& expensive!! One shop had all the designer frames starting at £125..

Anyway after a couple of hours I found one major shop here which had more of a spread of prices. It had the expensive designer frames as well as range of mid and low end frames which still looked good. It was £39 extra to add a prescription lens to fit my eyesight. So, I found a pair I liked which I thought looked ok on me (not amazing, but not bad) at only £25. I also found out that for the £39 I could change the tinted lens colour. :spaz:

Unfortunately because my last eye test was 2 years ago, they said they couldn't sell me a prescription based lens without a new eye test, which cost £50 from them. While other shops were cheaper (or free if you buy frames from them), I didn't want the hassle of looking at more opticians as I'd already been looking around for about 2 hours+ (I wanted to check out all my options).

So I could pay £25 + £50 eye test + £39 prescription and new tint and those cheapish sunglasses at £25 suddenly become £94. While I could afford this, I don't really want to spend that much when I have other things I want to buy. So in the end I settled on just the £25 sunglasses with the normal dark lenses. They still look fine and helped me save quite a bit of money.

I was also checking out black summer jackets. I wanted something that was looking quite stylish, while having enough details with pockets, buttons and lines to not look plain. I found a really nice one which had a nice material, fitted well and had an easy zip up. However the collar was an awkward two button press-stud kind of thing and I didn't like that.

So, more shopping! I then found 2 options in one shop. One was £15 cheaper and in some ways looked a bit nicer.. however. It had only metal buttons which were a little awkward to do up (and I know would frustrate me after a while) and had a slightly waxed material, which made it look a little shiny. Those 2 things weren't quite like what I wanted, so I went for the more expensive one. By this time I had looked in 9 shops and so there wasn't many other places I could look!

The only slight issue with the jacket was that although it fit fine over a t-shirt, I could have perhaps done with a Medium size instead of a Small. I did ask them, but they and their other shop in the city only had a Small. So after thinking about it, I decided to take it anyway, as it does fit fine now, and hopefully will be ok after washing. It's always hard to tell, but I think it will be ok.

This jacket was £50, but I managed to save £5 by signing up for their store card scheme (even though it took 10 mins and I will probably get mail and texts from them!).

So, I'm pleased, neither of the two items were that expensive as I could have paid a lot more and I was happy with both items in how they looked and fitted. I would not have been happy to buy something cheap that I didn't really like.

I didn't get to see my friends (though will see one tomorrow), they didn't come into the town till the afternoon and I had problems getting hold of them on the phone, so was already home when they rang again. Nevermind!

#707 Happy Monster, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  8. Happy Monster

I couldn't be bothered to set up the tripod, but I took a picture of myself with the jacket and sunglasses on and then photoshopped it a little..

:cool:

Attached Files:

• me11.jpg
      me11.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
  9. Happy Monster

Last night was quite good. I texted a few people on my phone, but unfortunately out of the 4 people I texted, only 1 could make it later. My two best friends couldn't make it either.

However, I enjoyed talking to my other friends (some of whom I've not seen in a while) and it was nice to catch up and have a few drinks. We then went to another place at 11pm and met up with some more friends after they came out of the cinema (including the person I texted earlier).

I enjoyed dancing with all the women even if there was some strange music choices. I remember Purple Rain, some tropical sounding songs and then You can call me Al by Paul Simon. :lol:

I didn't mind dancing in front of everyone. I dance quite creatively and with a lot of movement, but I dance well IMHO. So, myself dancing with 4 women wasn't too bad (even if none of them were women I was interested in).

The pub started to shut down at around 12:30 so we said goodbye and all went home. I walked back, and as I had brought the new bag I was able to put on a wooley hat and gloves. Having a bag is handy!! ;)

10. Happy Monster

Today I saw one of my best friends (whom wasn't out last night), for some more hypnotherapy work. She also cooked a nice casserole and provided some red wine. :drool:

The hypnotherapy work was OK, but not as good as last time. She doesn't have any real issues, so we were pretty limited in what we could do. Still, it was useful practise and it should help her with a confidence boost (not that she needs one terribly!)

We also had time to chat, catch up and for her to show me her house now it's almost fully decorated. Looking really nice as well.

So, I really enjoyed talking to her. I feel privelledged to have her as a friend and to be able to see her for things like this and for other social events. :nod:

11. Happy Monster

I watched The Bourne Ultimatum last night through my cable TV provider. It was excellent! I think all 3 movies are amazingly good. :nod:

When I went to bed I found I struggled to sleep. My friend had told me earlier in the day that a friend of ours who was working in the US was stressed at the moment because of some research results weren't what she was hoping for (she's in the sciences).

Anyway, this was bothering me and after some time in my bed and unable to sleep I got up, turned my PC back on and sent her an email. I decided to let drop some of my habitual English reserve and suffocating defences and told her how much we missed her, liked her and that I hoped she found a great guy over there who could appreciate her like she deserved. I then went back to bed and fell asleep instantly.

Not had a reply back, so don't know how she took that very out of character email, but no regrets.

She's just a friend, but I do care about her. And, I might be terribly poor with women but at least I can try to cheer them up and let them know I care about them. If I can do that, then at least I can do some good for other people's relationships even if not for my own.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Quite the busy weekend Richard and a fun one at that. You're looking good in your new shades and jacket.

13. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

hey happy.... sounds like you had a good weekend.... i like the pic!!

14. Happy Monster

Thanks both of you! :)

Yoga this week was harder than last week. I felt a little bit withdrawn and dull (which is probably because I didn't get 8 hours of sleep last night and was mentally tired). Still the class was good and I feel great now.

Probably ache a bit the next few days, but still! :lol:

What kills me is I am very tight in areas like my shoulders and hamstrings, and yet very flexible in my chest and abductors. I am so unbalanced physically! :eek:

Still, my shoulders have got looser and a little bit more flexbile since I've been doing Isobel's class, so hopefully things will improve (albeit probably slowly).

I need a Yoga smiley, but instead I'll have to use this :bb:

15. Happy Monster

There is a docu-film drama on in five minutes which sounds really interesting. The only problem is it is an hour and twenty minutes long and doesn't finish until 11:20, which I really could do with getting an early night and being in bed before 11. I'm not sure if it will be repeated or be on my cable 'On Demand' service, so I might just watch the first part and see if I like it or not:

16. Happy Monster

No.. it's a bit too dark and in your face to watch just before going to bed. :blank:

17. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

You know you'll probably just one day notice that your shoulders and hamstrings have gotten more flexible and you won't quite know how it happened! :)

Nice pic, and sounds like an excellent weekend.

That docudrama does sound pretty dark, but I'd probably watch it anyway, even before bed. Not a good idea though, if you aren't sleeping too great.:p

18. Happy Monster

That did happen already to some extent. Suddenly I found that my hands could touch the floor behind me when lying on my back and raising my arms over and behind my head. :)

19. Happy Monster

I'm still stiff and aching! :lol:

Work was slow and boring yet again. The new structure should (hopefully) be done by next Wednesday and hopefully then things will move on, everyone is kind of treading water at the moment.

It's almost warm today.. grey, but not that cold and no rain either.
    I am really ready for some warm sunny weather now!!

Big football match live on TV tonight, so I will be watching that. :)

20. Happy Monster

It's sunny today! :cool:

Almost warm.. Let's hope that this is the beginning of Spring (or Summer!)
    :D

The final Big Match of the week tonight, so I'll be listening to that. I have a hypnotherapy assignment I need to start after today before my next course weekend.