1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Monster's Holistic path of Healing

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Happy Monster, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

You did used to do Squats didn't you? :confused:

2. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

Yup. Thank God my new gym has a sled. Gotta watch my lower back in these advanced years.

3. Happy Monster

My lower back gets used more than my upper back in exercises. Which can be dangerous. :(

4. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

Yeah...my back's fucked. I've gotta be real careful. 1 wrong move and i'm sidelined for a month.

5. Happy Monster

Ouch! Nothing the docs can do for you?

6. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

:lol:
    You guys are something else.....

The Latin fusion party sounds fun, can't wait to hear how that goes!:tu:

7. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

Nothin' i'm not gonna abuse.:whistle:

8. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

I forgot how much fun this place is.

9. Happy Monster

The course today didn't really have anything new over what we've already done, so unfortunately it wasn't too useful. Also, it was sunny and I thought a t-shirt and coat jacket would be fine. But it was just a little too cold and I struggled to get warm by the time the course started (even inside when it was quite hot). The weather has been so unpredictable today though; it has been at different times, sunny and almost warm, sunny and cold, cold and raining very heavily, cold and with a full hailstorm.

So all in all the course was disappointing. :blank:

I should still be going out tonight though! I've rang a couple of friends (including some who didn't know about tonight, to invite them), but people either can't make it or aren't answering their phones.

Hmm.. :confused:

I hope tonight is good, I would like to do something a bit more exciting than I've been doing lately!! :p

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Bummer about the disappointing course. I hope you have a great time tonight.

11. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

We all hope you'll be more exciting than you have lately. :blank:

:blank:

:blank:

:D :lol:

12. Happy Monster

:spank: :whistle:

Yesterday night was really good! At first we weren't too sure, because the place was pretty small and there was salsa dancing going on which left no space for anyone else to do much but watch. However, after that the DJ played some latin / brazillian music and it was better to talk and dance (although it's a hard best to groove too).

The highlights though was the excellent Capoiera (or however you spell it) demonstration which was very impressive, and the full samba band which played for about 30 minutes.

I was enjoying myself dancing and although I do move my feet and use my knees, I naturally use a lot of fast arm movements. So I was doing a lot of that kind of dancing to the fact samba music and while everyone else was getting tired and sweating I was as fresh as a daisy. My legs do get tired after a long period of dancing (especially when you bend your knees to the rhythm). However, my arms never really get tired from this kind of work, so I could have carried on all night. Maybe my muscles are better at this kind of stamina work, because I'm certainly not strong at all..

Anyway, it started to wind down, so I got a lift back with a friend of a friend and his girlfriend and I got in at around 1:30am.

I enjoyed dancing, I think I needed it, and there were some very pretty women there too. :D

13. Happy Monster

This is the kind of thing that was going on last night:

All with the clapping by all of us, as well as the signing and music.

Yes, the circle really was small (although I little bigger as it was more two people demonstrations) and I was on the outer edge and almost got kicked once. Aparantly the more advanced the practioners become the smaller the circle gets. It was amazing how they don't run, fall or kick anyone in the crowd. :cool:

14. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

I've gotten hit by various people and objects way too many times in my life so I'd be way the hell on the outer edge too :nod:

Do you jump around when you dance, depending on the music? Now that will make you tired in a hurry!

Did you talk with any of those pretty ladies? :D

15. Happy Monster

Sorry, I miswrote. I was on the inner edge. :)

No chance to talk to the beautiful girls. I'm too shy to do that. :o

16. Happy Monster

Not been a productive day today.. I brought some films that were on sale and watched a couple of those today as I didn't feel like doing anything at all. I did the course yesterday, so didn't want to do any more and my friends I saw yesterday were busy today.

Restless today. :bang:

17. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I think I am going to start taking up yoga again.There is a class at a place that seems to be coming one of the best places in town. They have a center (which is the original center) just a few blocks from my school and on the way home. The class begins -- I think --at 8:30 on Wednesday -- which is right after I get out of my last class for the week. It would be a great way to unwind and it won't conflict with my proposed return to my workout schedule. My goal is to start Wednesday April 23. All my obligations at school --- except for attending graduation -- will be over.

So I will be joining the yoga crowd... :nod:

The salsa looks terrific and very athletic. :tu:

18. Happy Monster

Well done on the Yoga. I'm off to the advanced class in about 10 minutes. :)

That clip wasn't of Salsa, but of Capoeira. ;)

I always seem to underestimate caffeine. Yesterday I had a glass of coca-cola in the morning and one in the afternoon and I seemed to go to sleep fine, but then I had disturbed sleep till about 2 and then couldn't sleep till about 3.

Not a great start to a monday!

Still, work wasn't so bad. Looking forward to the Yoga now. Hope the tiredness doesn't affect my concentration. Normally when I get tired I find I become clumsy. :confused:

19. Happy Monster

Ohh... That was hard, but good!

Actually as always, some poses were very difficult, while others were ok. I had some problem with the belts and at one point we had one double linked belt and then another one to use with our hands. Belts don't like me, I always seem to lock them wrongly.. :p

A bit sore in my lower back when it came to relaxation, but by the end the pain had almost gone. I talked to Isobel about it and we think it's because the straight leg back stretch pose we did before relaxation is restricted by my tight hamstrings. However I am so open when doing a foward bend with cross legged that I can touch the floor with my forehead and not feel any strain or pain at all. So, I will do that next time.

If the pain didn't decrease I would be more worried.

It was still hard work though! But I feel better now, more alive, more energy and more positive. It's like my.. :bb:
    :whistle: :spaz:

20. Happy Monster

I ache! I ache! I ache! :lol:

All those little muscles down your back. :bb:

I'm trying to organise a get together for myself and a couple of the women from my course so we can do some hypnotherapy practise. Also, I'm meeting the canadian woman for dinner at work on friday. We've done this occasionally and although we don't get much time to chat, it's always enjoyable.

In an effect to break the pretty monotonous cycle of work/home & weekends.. I'm going to a friends in a short while to watch a DVD and chat. I feel the need for company and people lately, as I'm been getting bored and pretty down recently about a few things.