1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Monster's Holistic path of Healing

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Happy Monster, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

It also sounds pretty cool, actually....

:tu:

:lol:

2. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

So, just how damaged are you?

http://similarminds.com/personality_disorder.html

Here are my results, % on the left are mine, % on the right are the average web score..

Code:
    Paranoid  	        ||||||  	    26%  	49%
    Schizoid 	        |||||||||| 	    34% 	53%
    Schizotypal 	        |||||||||||||| 	    58% 	53%
    Antisocial 	        |||||| 	            26% 	47%
    Borderline 	        ||||||||||||||||||  78% 	47%
    Histrionic 	        |||||||||||| 	    46% 	43%
    Narcissistic 	        |||||||||| 	    38% 	41%
    Avoidant 	        |||||||||| 	    38% 	39%
    Dependent 	        |||||||||||| 	    42% 	37%
    Obsessive-Compulsive 	|||||||||| 	    34% 	40%
    Apart from Borderline personality disorder (individual shows a generalized pattern of instability in interpersonal relationships, self-image, and observable emotions, and significant impulsiveness.) I seem pretty OK!
    :lol: :D

3. Happy Monster

Must not binge on coca-cola! I feel very bloated right now! :eek:
    :spank:

4. Happy Monster

The course was good. There was a new woman there who is already a practising hypnotherapist but wanted to brush up on a few things. She seems nice and it will be good to have her input (since she is already practising).

Just watched Doctor Who. :D And I'm going out for a few drinks with friends at 8pm.

5. Happy Monster

Drinks were good, but I couldn't completely relax because I knew I had the second day of the course the next day. So I only had a few drinks and came home early.

The second day went well, and I practised (with great success) a new induction I created. It was also nice to see the others there too.

We did weight loss, which is difficult because as most of you know, you can eat healthier, exercise, and then find you don't lose any weight at first. This lack of progress kills motivation and can ruin hypnotherapy as people don't think it has worked.

Next saturday my tutor is doing a one-day workshop for other people (and free for ourselves) on a couple of different therapy techniques we have already gone over in the course. However, it will be good to go over them again so I think most of all will go to that as well.

We are conscious of the fact that the course will soon be finishing and we all feel that more practise and experience will help. So I talked to 2 of the woman and we are going to try to meet up on a free weekend to do some time practising outside of the limited time in the class situation. And in more comfortable chairs! :lol:

The practise will be a great help if we can arrange that and I'm going to talk to a couple of my friends as well. Although some things I am very confident with, others I still lack practice in and would feel more comfortable working on those.

But the work we have done in the course, I love doing! I get to be creative, to help people and to make a difference in my job. So, despite the lack of practice in other ways I am eager to start doing the odd session here and there and build up to doing it for a full time job (if possible).

So all in all yesterday was good, except when I went to bed I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours. So I woke up and really didn't feel like going to work. I forced myself and the day went quite quickly, but it was hard at first.

This evening has been very good though. I went to my Yoga class, the first one for 3 weeks after Easter! It was the start of a new block and there were more new people there. In fact it's at the limits of the people per space now, too big really for me. I was expecting it to be hard, because I hadn't had a class for 3 weeks (although I did 2 yoga sessions on my own). And, although the poses were tiring, I didn't find them difficult. In fact in comparison to everyone else I seemed to find them easy.

At the end of the class I talked to Isobel to thank her and before I said anything about how I found it today, she said that I was now on another level to the others and could step up to the advanced class if I wanted. I think I will as there are only a few people in there, it's 20-30 minutes longer for £1 more and if I am ready for the advanced class then it will benefit me more than the beginners one.

Of course now I've said that, something will probably go wrong to bite me in the ass! :lol: But seriously, I do feel like it was just one of those classes (or Gym sessions) where everything comes together and although you have to work, it feels natural and not a struggle. I'm sure you all know what I mean.

:jumping: :spaz: :evil:

6. Happy Monster

I'm feeling a bit achey today after Yoga yesterday, but it's not too bad. :)

My throat hurts a little and the back of my mouth is quite red and inflamed. Maybe it's the strange weather we are having here at the moment. One minute it's snowing or hailing and the next it's sunny and almost warm.

I hope I don't get ill! :no:

7. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

At my last job, someone once sent that around and we all took the test. Everyone was quite damaged, and we were not surprised.:lol:

Congrats on getting to the advanced level in yoga, and I hope you're not getting ill.

8. Happy Monster

Thank you darling! :)

9. Happy Monster

Blah.. blah.. blah.. another day goes by..

I feel like I'm just treading water until my course is done. Which in many ways I am.

Still, it doesn't seem like my life is so exciting at the moment while I wait and try to save some money.

:(

10. Happy Monster

Yesterday evening I got really tired. In fact I went to bed at 9:15pm and went to sleep within about 5-10 minutes. I woke up once at around 5:20 to turn the heating up as it got cold. I then woke up to my alarm going off at 7:00am. So that's 9 and a half hours of sleep (at least) and I still felt a little tired.

Today has gone quick as I had a meeting at another hospital in the city in the morning and then work from that meeting to do all afternoon.

Now I'm starting to feel tired and it's only 7:05pm.. :bang::bang::bang:

Can you see why I feel frustrated? What else can I do?! :mad:

11. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

You could find some activities or snacks that would increase your energy levels at this time of night. Or maybe a nap (power nap?) sometime during the day.

Or become a morning person... :D

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats on the attaining the new level in yoga.

Regarding your tiredness, how about just getting up and walking around the block to get your blood going and a change in scenery?

13. Happy Monster

It's pouring down with rain, else I might have gone for a walk.

I've drank a cold/flu powder drink as I still have a sore throat and the back of my mouth is still a bit inflamed and red. Maybe I have something that's depressing my energy levels.

14. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

Oh, certainly it could. If it has an antihistimine, that's generally the same ingredient that's used as an over-the-counter sleep aid. :sleep:

15. Happy Monster

I went to bed at 9:30 yesterday, woke up at around 6:30 and then could easily close my eyes and drift back to sleep for another 5-10 minutes. That told me I was still tired. Decided to get up at around 3 minutes to 7am.

I think I am tired at the moment because work is pretty slow at the moment, so it's quite boring and uninteresting at times. Also, my days are quite routine at the moment and not really doing anything new and exciting in the week. Finally I probably have some minor infection and have the heating a bit too high.

I feel better tonight though, happier and more optimistic. I have the course tomorrow and then going out tomorrow night for:

THE LATIN FUSION PARTY -Latin fusion/Brazilian night with Soul Salsa. Live shows of Salsa dance by Soul Salsa /Nikki & Yersin, live Samba drumming band & shows of Capoeira + DJ playing a mix of latin and Brazilian beats.

I think I'll wear my bright yellow t-shirt with blue jeans to get in the spirit of things.

At work it turns out that two of the audit officers might be missing for a while, one for around 6 weeks and the other on secondment. I've been 'warned' that I might be asked if I would like to help do the audit officers work as well as the work I do now. It will be on the next pay grade up, and will be with training.

It's a great opportunity, but not something I want to do. I can feel myself drifting into yet another job I don't really like as I have done before. And while the money would be good, it would not be enough to afford a mortgage for a house. We'll see what they ask me (they might not), but my gut instinct and my feelings tell me No.

My heart still wants to follow the hypnotherapy.. I need to have a passion for a job! How arrogant in some ways, as other people have no choice about jobs.. but I am a feeling person and I can't do a job I didn't like for years, I would have some kind of break down.

16. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

You're welcome dear.:D

17. Happy Monster

Go and pester some women! :whistle:

18. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

Excuse me....I thought I was.:whistle:

19. Happy Monster

Ha! Come and bother me when you get some legs.. :p