1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Hahaha! Tony little makes me laugh.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by LarryNC, May 16, 2005.

1. LarryNC

LarryNC Well-Known Member

Woops!

#1 LarryNC, May 16, 2005
    Last edited: May 17, 2005
  2. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Funny commercials!

#2 TheRyanator, May 16, 2005
    Last edited: May 17, 2005
  3. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Tony Little is a character, to be sure, but he's also quite an inspiration. He's overcome a tremendous amount in his life: http://www.tonylittle.com/Pages/AboutTony.aspx

We all have our ups and downs, and I don't think starting a thread to make fun of someone (even if he's famous) is what this forum is all about. I know that's not why I started it. This forum exists to help bring people up, not tear them down.

Something to think about...

4. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info John, good to know his back ground...even though I still think he is pretty funny, I certainly have a new respect for his perseverence in life!

5. vatechguy

vatechguy Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

His peseverence notwithstanding - you have to admit he's milked that cow one time too many.

I think the junk he sells is obscene - I spent far too many hours explaining to my mother how worthless this kind of exercise equipment is and the only thing it lightens is her wallet.

I'm not making fun of him - but I agree he's a washed up has-been who should be ashamed of the money he makes taking advantage of overwieght and self-conscious consumers.

(And granted - he's not the only one selling this crap . . . )

6. ellipticer

ellipticer Well-Known Member

I knew Tony Little when he was chunky, during the great depression. I lived directly across the street from him and mowed his lawn once. He wasn't satisfied with the job I did and said my lawnmower was too close to the ground.

That is my famous person story, thank you.

7. LarryNC

Wow john, didn't know that about him, edited my post.

Wasn' really trying to make alot of fun out of him, just found it funny he was selling fitness equipment he needs to use himself, at this time, if the gazzelle works anyhow.

8. jlforbess

jlforbess Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, I checked out that link and all I can say is poor guy!! Did ya'll see his car and the picture of his face from the second accident? I can't even imagine someone coming out alive from that!

9. conquer_all2002

conquer_all2002 Well-Known Member

Isnt this the guy doing that cheesy ins comercial?

10. PeteBDawg

PeteBDawg Well-Known Member

Tony Little is awesome. Richard Simmons, too. Anybody who can get that amped about getting people in shape is okay in my book, even if they don't necessarily have all the answers.

Although I believe Richard Simmons has generally been more knowledgeable and helpful to his customer base than Tony Little, but he's definitely . . . one of a kind.

Their particular products may not be my thing, I may not be much like them personally, but just throwing that level of energy in everybody's face on late night TV is a good thing and deserves some props.

11. LarryNC

Now tony little is doing gaiko comercials! ahahaha!