1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Guidance on fat loss plan

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Kevinp1983, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Kevinp1983

Kevinp1983 Active Member

Hi, im Kevin. Been training quite a while achieving mediocre results at best.

Im 87kgs and 70 of that is lean tissue. so 19.1 % body fat im 5ft 10 and 32 years old.

Im here today because im wondering if im ready for cutting phase or do i need more muscle tissue?

Ive been given a meal planner by a PT for a cut phase because i thought i was ready but im feeling a bit dubious by it. because ive hit his target numbers for today for the first time trying it out, but i feel like im losing muscle, not sure if this is just the sensation but my muscles feel like theyre been eaten away slowly.

his target numbers were 245 carbs, 190 protein and 49 fats. should my protein count be way higher?

2. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin. Can you give some more info?

- are you hitting these macros every day? (190P, 245C, 49F)
    - how long have you been on this plan for, whilst hitting the macros every day?
    - do you feel hungry/full?
    - what do your stats tell you? (weight and more importantly waist measurement)
    - what exercise are you doing? Cardio? Weight training?

3. Kevinp1983

Kevinp1983 Active Member

Yeah i hit those numbers yesterday. It was my first day on it. Im just a bit wary its not enough protein?
    I would say i feel hungry because of it, woke up this morning famished, and ive just had breakfast as the plan listed.

Ive lost 2 pounds since yesterday. Waist size im guessing will be the same. 36.

I do training 6 times a week. 3 days dedicated to HIT cardio
    and 3 days on weights separating the body parts?

I realise you gotta drop the carbs to lose body fat. but should my protein count be much higher to retain lean muscle?

4. Foley

Foley Well-Known Member

You may be right about the protein. Hard to tell after a short amount of time. Take the same measurements in a weeks times and see where you're at.