1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Guava, Tedpod, Gordo, Man.Boy..Thanks!! Good update from me!

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Victoria35, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Victoria35

Victoria35 Active Member

Hello :D
    Most of you may remember me from posts from a few weeks ago regarding fat burner questions and feeling like a wuss:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just need something...I guess I have to admit I am a wuss...I have lost 45# on my own before and I saw and experienced how much hard work it was!!

I am so stupid to let 30# or so back on and I just don't think, honestly, that I have it in me to do what I did a few years ago and kick a-- again.

I'm just looking for help, I guess....b/c I don't think it is in me.

Well........I really was ready to give up once I made the decision not to take a fat burner (solo slim). My husband and I had a good talk and I finally realized I was going to have to pull from deep inside and really focus on getting healthier. I have lost fat before and I remember how great it felt to get an awesome cholesterol report from the doc and how great I looked. I have posted pictures of myself in several places in my house dressed in shorts and showing off my fit body to keep myself motivated to reach that again. Those pics were taken Sept of 2005.

I am at the beginning of my 4th week of my new life and I have lost 4 pounds. My bodyfat was 35% and currently 33.1%. I feel focused and have slipped up only three times on my eating plan. I am only thinking in short goals 5# at a time instead of focusing on all the weight and getting depressed about it.

I came back to thank Guava, Tedpod, MannishBoy, Gordo and all the others who were trying to motivate me and give me good advice. Thanks :bow: You guys are great and truely inspiring.

I will come back hopefully to tell you that I have reached my goals....or to ask for help if I hit a wall......I am currently doing cardio 5x week for 30 minutes, which is just a basic startup plan so as to not become overwhelmed. Soon the resistance training will be added as well as longer or more intense cardio, which will help increase fat loss.
    So far this is a slow process but that is the best way to do it and keep it off....and no fat burners! It's ALL ME doing the work!! :nod:

Hugs to all,

Victoria35 :)

#1 Victoria35, Apr 8, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  2. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

You're welcome. :) I'm so happy to hear about your successes. Way to go! :claphigh:

#2 guava, Apr 8, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  3. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Congrats!:tu:

Compared to a great nutritional program, fat burners are a complete waste of money.

Keep up all the great work!

:tucool:

4. tedpod

tedpod Well-Known Member

i had a friend who was borderline suicidal the other day when coming off of ephedrine.....just reinforced the thoughts i had about my mood when taking a fat burner.....

good job so far...stay consistnet and you cant lose..(except for weight)

5. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

We all fight ourselves sometimes, but if we reach deeper, challenges we once thought we couldn't face are passable, even if sometimes not very easily. You'll do it.

Best wishes.

6. Gordo

Gordo Well-Known Member

You're welcome, best of luck on your continued success. You sound like you're on a great path :)