1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Greek Yogurt at Costco (and ways to enjoy it)

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Riser, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Riser

Riser Active Member

For folks in the US - Costco carries Greek Yogurt now! (In those ginormous tubs, but it's cheap!). Can't remember the exact prices, but it's waaay cheaper than regular grocery stores. It's the fat free variety.

I don't like it that much by itself, but here's what I do to enjoy it - 1/2 cup of fat-free Greek Yogurt, 2 packets of Splenda, and 1/4 or 1/2 sliced/diced fruit (orange, apple, banana, whatever you have handy). Tasts delicious. 1 cup is 120 calories and 20g of protein.

Feel free to share if you have other ways to enjoy it. I tried is as mayo substitute, and it doesn't taste good to me. Other ideas are welcome though.

2. sauron256

sauron256 Active Member

Hmm... I wonder how it would go adding in a whole heap of ice cubes and eating it with a spoon. Might need to give it a try! Thanks for the recipe!

3. spatzcat_11

spatzcat_11 Active Member

I use it everywhere where i would normally put sour cream, or mayo. When I make fish, I use it, add some dill, tabasco, lemon juice and dill for a dip.

When I make anything spicy, I use it -- on top of chili, or spicy chicken wrap, or black bean quesadillas.

I LOVE that freakin' stuff.

4. jasarsenault

jasarsenault Active Member

Good ideas. I cut up a ton of fruit and berries, put a blob of yogurt on like I would whip cream, then mix a little chocolate protein and a tiny bit of water to make a chocolate sauce...then I eat all this as a desert after dinner sometime when I'm craving something sweet.

5. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

Its not here on Maui yet. What department did you find it in?

6. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

AM Smoothie - 1 cup Plain Greek yogurt. 1/2 cup blueberries or 1/2 a medium banana. 1.5 TBSP natural peanut butter. 1.5 scoops whey protein. Fill cup with ice water. Blend for 30 seconds in the magic bullet. Meets all of my morning macros and takes less than 2 minutes to make. Plus I can drink it on my way to work.

7. Riser

Riser Active Member

I hope it made it there by now :) It's in the dairy section, by cottage cheese, sour cream, etc.

8. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

Yup, we got it about a month ago. What a great deal compared to what they charge for a small tub in Safeway.