1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Expectations-Imelda's Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by imelda, Aug 29, 2010.

1. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's not call it sucking, let's call it bulking instead!:lol:
    Seriously, I've been stressing about so many other things lately, I'm not gonna let food bother me. I figure, I know what to do when I gain a few pounds and I will take care of them later.:nod:

2. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

I'm feeling a bulk coming on or a carb load or something like that for myself as well...

Yeah, I'll take care of that later...I know what to do as well.

3. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

You know, this approach works pretty well for me with food, just like it does with alcohol. I'm finding that when I tell myself, "You will never eat that/drink that/go there" I begin to crave exactly the thing I'm trying to go without. I think if I tell myself "not today" instead of "never again" I may do better nutrition-wise. I'm not going to be controlled by fear of food or fear of failure anymore. :nod:

4. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Got in a walk outside today and was planning on doing some weight workout, but husband called me and said he had to pick up granddaughter at school as our daughter was very sick. I said I would drive to daughter's house to check on her. She was really, really sick and could barely speak due to sore throat. Said she had been throwing up previously and appeared to be a bit feverish. I told her to get ready as I was taking her home with me so that we could look after her. I'm not sure if it's flu or what, but definitely not good especially right before the holidays.
    Anyway, no weights tonight, but daughter and granddaughter are safe and secure under our roof. And everything will work out okay.:)

5. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yuck...hope she feels better soon...and the rest of the family stays healthy for the holidays.

6. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

kids get so sick so fast. it comes out of no where and they can go to school flushed and come home like your dgd. (seltzer speak for dear grand daughter).

its nice you have grandchildren! :tucool: :talktothehand: especially when they're healthy....

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for dear daughter and I hope nobody else gets sick.

8. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys! Daughter stayed here all day but decided to go into work tonight. She's the night crew leader at the local supermarket and is afraid of jeopardizing her job right now. All I could tell her is that we're here if she needs us to pick her up, take her to Patient First or whatever. And of course, granddaughter is here with us tonight again. Older daughter just arrived as well with her two boys: it keeps getting more interesting by the moment! I may be scratching at the door at work on Monday, waiting to get back to a little sanity!:lol:

9. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Did no workout last night. I'm off today, so I was hoping to get outside for a short run. Too freakin' windy, though. Some last-minute grocery shopping (there's a crowd coming for Christmas Eve) to do, but I hope to get in at least a kettlebell workout or some spin-bike time later.:)

10. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Enjoy your day off and the family time! I hope you get that workout in--you'll feel great if you do.

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Enjoy the time with your family.

12. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

Have a great holiday! :hug:

13. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Thanks! I've been having a great, if hectic, time with the grandkids! The folks we had here for Christmas Eve dinner left a few hours ago, and tomorrow we'll eat dinner at MIL's house, then later at my sister's. I'm definitely feeling overfed and looking forward to getting back to some type of weight routine. But, I'm going to enjoy every minute of family time!

Happy Christmas to everyone!

14. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

merry christmas, imelda! :tucool:

15. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Thanks, Paddy! :)

16. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

Merry Christmas Imelda, I hope you had a great one full of family and friends!

17. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Thanks, seven, I had a great time!:)

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :tu:

19. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Well, Christmas is over for 2010 and it was a nice time with family and friends, though I can't help but be a little sad at this time of year remembering those no longer with us: was really missing my mom and dad these past few days. It helped to have our daughters and their little ones here. It's so much fun watching them enjoy their new toys and hearing all of the comical things they say!
    I was up by 5 pounds per the scale this morning. I'm not worried about losing it or anything. That same damn 5 pounds has come and gone so many times I've stopped counting!
    I watched what I ate today: no wheat products at all. That stuff seems to make me swell or something, plus it's a trigger that makes me crave more food, for some reason. Bread is the worst, so maybe it's actually yeast that bothers me. (?) I did have lots of protein and some veggies. I've got to get back on drinking water.:o Don't know why I can't stick to that.
    I got in a 2-mile brisk walk yesterday. Today I did some light weights; a few sets for each body part.

Daughter and son-in-law were still here today. He brought his handgun, a real nice Sig-Sauer, for me to try. It was nice, but probably more than I need (or can afford!) to buy right now. Fun to try different kinds of guns, though.

Hope to get in a good chest/triceps workout tomorrow.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Holidays can be bitterswee that way. A time to remember loved ones who are no longer with us and also a time to rejoice and share the experience with those that we still can.

I hope you have a good workout today.