1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Graham's Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Spartan88, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Spartan88

Spartan88 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Session 67:

A Press 37kg/81.4lbs
    x 8, 8, 8, 12

B Deadlift 97.5kg/214.5lbs

C1 Chin-up x
    9, 7, 7, 7

C2 Suitcase Carry
    6 circuits 20kg x 3

E Side Plank x 60 seconds each side

15 minute run to finish.

Good solid workout. Left work earlier than my girlfriend so I knew I had plenty of time at the gym. Far, far cooler as well so much more comfortable than previous weeks. Upped the weight or reps slightly for everything except the side plank and got a good run at the end.

Scale weight this morning 185.2lbs @ 25%bf.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Glad your weather broke; my town is currently (at 4 PM) 94F/34C with a head index about 4F/2C higher. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse. :(

3. Spartan88

Media:
    Albums:
    Session 68: (Wednesday 31/07/2019)

A Squat 105
    kg/231lbs x 8,8,8,8

B1 Bench Press 65
    kg/137.5lbs x 8,7,7,6,4

B2 Back Extension (unweighted) x 8, 8 (2.5kg) x 8, 8

C1 Dips x 11, 11, 11, 14

C2 Modified Sprinters Lunge - unweighted x 8, 20kg x 8

Got to the gym earlier than my girlfriend. Should have got even more done but she didn't let me know she'd arrived at the gym so I'd slowed down thinking that I'd been in the gym for an hour and she hadn't arrived. She'd got there 20 minutes after me. I had expected to have a run but when I went over to the treadmills she was there and was ready to leave.

A good session though. Bench is tough. Could really feel it in my shoulders yesterday. Had intended to weight the back extension but forgot for the first two sets. Sets of dips were spread out enough to hit lots of reps.

Scale Weight 31/07/19 - 184.8lbs @ 24.8% bf
    Scale Weight today - 184.8lbs @ 24.6% bf

No gym today. Will be heading to a Wedding reception this evening. It's not very far away but it's far easier to drive and stay overnight in a hotel. We'll have to see how the scale is affected on Sunday as there is a Toby Carvery next door to the hotel that does an all-you-can-eat breakfast.

We'll then visit the Imperial War Museum at Duxford IWM Duxford as it's only a further 30 minute drive to get there.

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Enjoy the weekend and that museum looks like a fine place to spend time.

5. Spartan88

Media:
    Albums:
    A good three day weekend:

Plenty of time on Friday to get a few things done in the morning and take a nice, relatively scenic drive to Harlow, Essex.

Got checked in to the hotel and went to the Carvery for a late lunch/early dinner at around 3:30pm. Then had a gentle walk around the local park where they had a petting zoo. Not the quietest park as it's very close to the London Stansted flight path but we quite like aircraft so didn't mind the sight/sound of the aircraft flying out of Stansted, unfortunately they're nearly all Ryanair 737s so not a great deal of variety. Plenty of time then to get ready and head to the Wedding reception.

Not a bad evening, large enough venue that kids were not running around you. Slightly strange occurrence as at about 10pm with the Bride still in her wedding dress, the groom got changed, not into casual wear but into proper slob about in-front of the TV clothes. Looked a bit jarring next to the bride.

Sunday all-you-can-eat breakfast saw me put away a significant amount of food. I love toast and cutting it out of my diet has certainly helped me shed a significant amount of weight so I could help eating round after round of toast with coffee. Except for a Bakewell Tart later in the day, I didn't eat anything else as I felt absolutely no need to eat dinner.

Spent a good six hours at IWM Duxford. Huge variety of aircraft to see as well as a land warfare exhibition. Good to have a nice easy drive home afterwards too.

6. Spartan88

Media:
    Albums:
    Session 69:

A Press 38kg/83.6lbs
    x 8, 8, 8, 10

B Deadlift 102.5kg/225.5lbs

C1 Chin-up x
    9, 7, 7, 6

C2 Suitcase Carry
    6 circuits 22kg x 1, 20kg x 2

E Side Plank x 60 seconds each side

Continuing to up the weight on exercises. Good lifting on the Press and the Deadlift. Chin-up and Suitcase carries are really taxing the forearms. All feels so much better with the cooler weather.

Scale Weight this morning 183.6lbs @ 24.2% bf. Drinking on Friday and the big breakfast on Saturday doesn't seem to have had a detrimental impact. Six hours of walking around on Saturday afternoon almost certainly helped.