1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Good breakfast idea for those that need a change...

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by TheLemonSong, Jul 20, 2004.

1. TheLemonSong

TheLemonSong Well-Known Member

I've been eating this for breakfast for a while now..tastes soooo good!!

1 can of salmon, heated (you can get Chicken of the Sea salmon and it tastes better than you'd think..).
    Mixed w/ eggs or egg whites!!

WOW!

:drool:

2. naturalofcourse

Sounds like an idea...any seasoning?

3. TheLemonSong

I like to put a little salt on the fish and a little pepper on the eggs, but really the natural flavours of both the fish and the eggs complement each other very well....I don't really think much seasoning is needed, but whatever you like will probably fit the dish...

4. leezlee03

leezlee03 Well-Known Member

I'll have to try this :)

5. MGB

MGB Well-Known Member

And this tastes....good? :)
    I've never been much for canned meat, but will give this a shot.

6. MGB

MGB Well-Known Member

how much of each and how long do you warm the salmon?

7. TheLemonSong

I use one can and 3 eggs...but you can adjust for whatever fits your macros or kcals or whatnot.

I think it tastes GREAT!! The two really compliment each other nicely...

Its hard to say how long I warm the salmon...we dont have a microwave but I'm sure you could nuke it for amin. or so...I like to cook the two seperately and then mix them in a bowl together (easier that way than tryin' to make an omelette kinda thing). I usually put the two on medium heat (level 5) until the eggs are done, then about the time I'm putting hte eggs in a bowl I put the heat for the salmon on 10 just to make sure its all the way hot.

Then I mix the two together and chow...I've been eating this every morning and now its all I can think about during my cardio its soooooo tasty! I wasn't a big fan of potted meats, and I really love salmon so I thought it'd taste terrible. In fact, I had the can for a LONG time before I finally dared to try it...but it was delicious! :claplow:

8. itsbrad

itsbrad Well-Known Member

Although I dont eat it for breakfast I was doing brown rice/canned salmon/eggs for a few lunches. Cant say that salmon is one of the things I want to smell in the morning but its a good "different" breakfast idea!

9. TheLemonSong

The canned stuff isn't as potent smelling as regular salmon...thast part of what I like about it..its so much more mild than canned salmon in terms of fishy flavour, and yet it has nearly the same stats! I haven't had it in a long time but lox and bagels are another breakfast food w/ salmon in it....

10. Kania2k1

Kania2k1 Well-Known Member

I can handle the Lox, light or fat free cream cheese, some capers red onions and a bagel, that stuff rox! HAHAHA, but I have a hard enough time making myself eat breakfast as it is, that I don't think I could woof down some salmon and eggs in the AM. Lunch?, sure, maybe even PWO, but not for breakfast. But I will try it! :eat:

11. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

I like eggs and I like broiled salmon, but that combo would make me hurl early in the a.m. :p

12. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

It's not that strange. A popular deli breakfast in NYC is the LEO - Lox Eggs and Onions. Lox is smoked salmon. Sautee the onions a little, sautee the lox a little, then add the scrambled eggs and cook as you would cook scrambled eggs.

I bet that canned salmon would taste pretty similar. The LEO is quite good! To be authentic, have a bagel with it. :tucool:

13. minilifter

minilifter Well-Known Member

I cook something similar for my wife on the weekends as a "treat", Salmon Cakes - Canned Salmon, Egg Whites, Fresh cut Basil, Salt, Pepper (and breadcrumbs if you don't mind them)...Form into patties (like crab cakes) and cook in a non-sick frying pan.